Skip to content

Simple Journal Fixes (BG1EE, SoD, BG2EE)

lefreutlefreut Member Posts: 1,462
edited August 2019 in UI Modding
Post edited by lefreut on
AstroBryGuyKilivitzMelicampCrevsDaakbob_vengAvenger_teambg

Comments

• AncientCowboyAncientCowboy Member Posts: 199
    Not a problem :smile: - A few regular expressions to write, a little WeiDU, bit of testing...poof! I'll add it to my in-progress 2.3 update.
    AstroBryGuyMelicampCrevsDaak
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    @lefreut - This line doesn't exist in the vanilla SoD UI.MENU:
    lefreut said:

Fix for No Objective Text

This fix the infamous bug where some entries start with 'No Objective Text'.

Search for:
    if(objective.text == Infinity_FetchString(quest.text)) then
    And replace the line with:
    if(objective.text == Infinity_FetchString(quest.text) or objective.text == nil) then
    Should the replacement line be added to the UI.MENU file? I can find the appropriate location by looking for the surrounding lines from the BG2EE UI.MENU file.
  • lefreutlefreut Member Posts: 1,462
    edited August 2019
    CrevsDaak
  • MelicampMelicamp Member Posts: 243
    This is awesome! Thanks for your hard work!
    CrevsDaak
  • HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,643
    @lefreut

Would it be possible to further modify the journal so that when a quest is complete, it shows not only the completion dialogue, but the clues which came before it? I ask this because some journal entries are tricky to get - you have to charm a commoner, etc. All this vanishes though upon completion of the quest. I would think if you expand out a finished quest, it would show all entries -- including the conclusion.

But maybe that's just me?
    edited March 2017
    Also with the fix, there seems to be an "issue" (?) Where rumors don't show in Temples. But maybe its just not ones I've already gotten. I'll do some testing.

UPDATE: I checked. You still get the entries, it just doesn't show them in the preview window of the temple.
    Also the quest closure piece you created works great. The only quest I'm seeing as staying out there forever now is "Murder Most Foul" which should really be informational as it has no finish. Its the piece of information you get from the Flaming Fist soldier who is pursuing Viconia (if you charm him).
    edited August 2019
    HaHaCharade
    edited March 2017
    Weird the temple thing is working now... Sorry about that. Kind of a fluke I guess.

I changed the Murder Most Foul quest in EEKeeper to info. Worked.
  • VafeelVafeel Member Posts: 3
    all this looks promesing, but as a simple end-user.. how can I fix my journal with all that codelines? :D
    edited August 2019