Skip to content

How to not get bogged down in stuff management?

2»

Comments

• SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    Bigfish said:

Skatan said:

CrevsDaak said:

Skatan said:

SPLINT MAIL!? They're worth what, 20 GP?

28 GP. It's worth it.
    Yeah, with my average rep, I seldom get that much ;)
    Its not about rep, its about how many they already have in stock.
    Huh, so rep only affect purchasing prices and not selling prices? If it is that way, it's kinda funny that I only learn that not after so many years, heh..
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    Don't get promoted?

Whoops, sorry, misread the question.
  • cdxcdx Member Posts: 90
    For me the amount of items I pick up is tied to the current game economy. In the beginning I pick up every single item, (helmets, leather armors, etc), because an inventory full of these (full party) can get me stuff I'd find useful. When the economy goes up a notch and I have several hundred gold, the next item I want to buy being about a thousand gold I don't bother with 1gp items. It seems a pointless waste of time at that point.

So I start as a total pack rat, then morph into a discerning pack rat, then get more and more selective until (in BG2) don't bother with cheaper +1 items.

@thespace "... to sidestep getting bogged down in stuff management":
    At the moment you realise you're getting bogged down in stuff management, evaluate how much you benefit from a certain value item and stop picking them up when it makes sense.

A very useful mod that helps is to remove the depreciation of items in shops. This way you just go to a shop and dump stuff, without worrying about hoarding and selling in stacks. Item value depreciation is implemented in a very silly way in the game anyway. It makes no sense to be able to sell 20 items at the same price in one go, but to not be able to do that if you sell them 1 at a time with 2 seconds between sales.