Skip to content

Romance import

Hi everybody

Could you possibly help me? I looked everywhere and couldn't find an answer.

(1) If the player romanced Neera in BG:EE and imported their save to SoD (or SoA), will they still be able to choose another character to romance?

(2) Conversely, if the player broke the romance in BG:EE (global variable set to -1) will it still be possible to romance the same character in the following games? What about SoD?

(3) Can I, for instance, romance Neera in BG:EE, Viconia in SoD and Neera again in BG2:EE?

Currently I have Neera ready for her final BG1 interaction, after which the romance will either be complete or broken depending on my response. And I really don't want to make a decision that will limit my options in the following games.

Thanks.

Comments

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    The state of the romance will not port over. So you can continue with the same npc or try someone else.
  • serpentologyserpentology Member Posts: 2
    I'm glad to hear that, but are you completely sure? The variable NEERAROMANCE does port both in SoD and SoA and I'm kinda worried :)
  • DaevelonDaevelon Member Posts: 605
    ThacoBell said:

The state of the romance will not port over. So you can continue with the same npc or try someone else.

Actually after 2.0 if you use the option to import from a save you will bring the old romance in bg2 as well, so the concerns of serpentology are right.
    I don't know if it's possible to interrupt the romance and start a new one but a possible solution is to import the character file and not the save; like this i'm sure there are not problems about romances
    lolienThacoBellDJKajuruJuliusBorisov
  • VasculioVasculio Member Posts: 469
    I just want to know if Viconia's Romance from Siege of Dragonspear carries over to Shadows of Amn? In my play through. Viconia acted like i was still the long lost friend she barely remembers. Can anyone else shine light on this?
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    Vasculio said:

I just want to know if Viconia's Romance from Siege of Dragonspear carries over to Shadows of Amn? In my play through. Viconia acted like i was still the long lost friend she barely remembers. Can anyone else shine light on this?

It doesn't because in SoD Viconia does not really romance charname, it is more of a friendship+tease thing and it takes much more than that for her to open up in SoA itself.
    ThacoBellVasculiomegamike15JuliusBorisov
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    i re ember so many complaining that the sod vicky "romance" caused plot holes. if it's just a tease/ friendship i don't see the issue.
    ThacoBell