Skip to content

Shar-Teel: Daggers or Long Swords?

HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,643
Many players dual-class Shar-Teel. Whether you do this or not, a question remains in her choice of weapons:

Which weapon proficiency do you choose for Shar-Teel to focus your pips in?

Feel free to comment on "why" you've chosen the option you have after you vote!
  1. Shar-Teel: Daggers or Long Swords?26 votes
    1. Daggers
      26.92%
    2. Long Swords
      42.31%
    3. Other
      30.77%
JuliusBorisov

Comments

• HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,643
    I know the DoV is great. I just can't get overall Longsword damage output.
    Arctodus
  • HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,643
    @JuliusBorisov Ha, I've been reading forum posts on this topic. I knew what you were going to vote! :lol:
    JuliusBorisov
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Both equally.
  • DevardKrownDevardKrown Member Posts: 421
    Shar-Teel is like the Silly Putty for Evil Partys (good ones too with helmet of opposite alignment) and can be too many things to just limit it to "Longswords or Daggers".

-Need a Tank ? she can do that just throw dual fighting out the window give her a shield and Dagger of Venom and shes an annoying Mage Killer brick in your front-line.

-Need just more Melee Damage ? Daggers/Longswords and she can Flail away.

-Need a Thief ? give her a pip in shortbows and shes usable as back-line combatant right away with looking forward to her getting back those fighter powers. best is you don't even have to wait for lvl 7 to do it (though its preferable).

-Need another Range ? just cramp points in the best Ranged weapon you have left and no use of and shes your Woman for the job.

i love Shar-Teel and hope she gets Reborn as Drow to find her calling as natural Man-Hater.
    AerakarArctodusCrevsDaak
  • KuronaKurona Member Posts: 881
    edited March 2017
    I like to give her shortsword profs for the +3 dropped by Slythe. Typically she dual-wields it with the Dagger of Venom. But frankly, Shar-Teel is all around awesome and will do well with basically everything.
    AerakarHaHaCharadeCrevsDaak
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    I go with both, just adding another to longswords and another to TWS. Dual wielding 2 longer weapons just looks off to me. She gets her str bonus to daggers so that works fine as her MIS weapon of choice.
  • ArctodusArctodus Member Posts: 992
    Well, I never dual her, so I always go longswords, simply to maximize her damage output. I often kit her into a berserker, because it fits her personnality. Even if she has the stats for it, I'm having a hard time imagining her in a thief role... She's just not the silent, stealthy type. So, if I ever want her to use the Dagger of Venom, against a mage for instance, she can do so, and well pretty well actually, because of her high strength and thac0.
  • kansasbarbariankansasbarbarian Member Posts: 206
    Dual to thief and then I give her crossbows.
  • bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    i always dual her and let her throw daggers
  • SomeSortSomeSort Member Posts: 859
    I've done a lot of things with her weapon-wise, but I'd say my most common is long bows if she duals and 2-handed swords if she doesn't. Evil parties don't really have a natural candidate for Spider's Bane, so since she's squishier than Kagain, she usually gets it.

I've also run her with Varsacona, Dagger of Venom, and Stupefier. Really, she works great with any end-game weapon you don't already have a party member better suited to wield.
    Aerakar
  • SunderSunder Member Posts: 56
    SomeSort said:

I've done a lot of things with her weapon-wise, but I'd say my most common is long bows if she duals and 2-handed swords if she doesn't. Evil parties don't really have a natural candidate for Spider's Bane, so since she's squishier than Kagain, she usually gets it.

I've also run her with Varsacona, Dagger of Venom, and Stupefier. Really, she works great with any end-game weapon you don't already have a party member better suited to wield.

Well, I'd have to say there is at least ONE evil NPC that is a pretty good candidate for Spider's Bane outside of Shar-Teel........least if you count EE added NPCs.

This is one of the many reasons these games so so much fun. I have barely ever used Shar-Teel and a many other of the NPCs yet.....now I am going to start an evil party to try her Tiax and Baeloth out that I haven't used. Thanks for the ideas! No voting since I haven't really used her other than as a gap filler.
    AerakarSomeSort
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    SomeSort said:

Evil parties don't really have a natural candidate for Spider's Bane, so since she's squishier than Kagain, she usually gets it.

Spider's Bane. Sheer Blasphemy my hivemaster thinks. He is looking for the local version of Mount Doom to chuck it into. :)
    ThacoBellSunder