Skip to content

IWD Divine spells in BGEE, SoD and BG2EE

Comments

• GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    edited March 2017
    Reddbane said:

@Grammarsalad
    Okay. Clean new BG2 Install (Steam), installed new Spells 086a, and then installed new patch. Prayer seems to be fixed for all casters. But recitation is broken, displaying the same behavior I originally described in prayer: no spread, red blotch, bonus and penalties stacked on caster.

A side note: Righteous Wrath Works perfectly gameplay-wise, though characters' who receive an extra APR because of matching alignment display a white dash ("-") upon their portrait rather than what I assume should be a haste symbol.

Yeah, that darn white dash. I plan to tackle portrait icons shortly...

Strange about recitation. I'll take another look, but I have to focus on fnp first. Npcs and such
    2017-03-14
    Version 0.87
    - Updated Exaltation, blood rage, Imp Sanctity of mind and Entropy Shield to new block system
    - Fixed Shadow Monsters
    - Fixed Recitation (though, still want to update 'friendly' bam

I have a huge update in the works, but I figured I'd release a fix for some of the more glaring issues.

Okay, @Reddbane , I think I have Recitation fixed. I actually used the prayer projectiles, so if they work for one spell, they should work for the other
    AstroBryGuyALIEN
  • ReddbaneReddbane Member Posts: 222
    @Grammarsalad
    Just tried the mod. Gameplay wise Recitation works fine except for the damage bonus. The characters receive a +2 to saves, thac0, but not the damage rolls. Come to think of it I don't know whether or not the maluses are applying properly to the enemies and I don't have a method of testing it.

Less important, Recitation seems to have no spell animation like prayer does. The affected characters begin to glow, but there is no column of light burst focused of the targets, which makes it hard sometimes to tell whether the spell succeeded (or is interrupted) during combat if the party already has glows from other buffs, like prayer.
    Reddbane said:

@Grammarsalad
    Just tried the mod. Gameplay wise Recitation works fine except for the damage bonus. The characters receive a +2 to saves, thac0, but not the damage rolls. Come to think of it I don't know whether or not the maluses are applying properly to the enemies and I don't have a method of testing it.

Less important, Recitation seems to have no spell animation like prayer does. The affected characters begin to glow, but there is no column of light burst focused of the targets, which makes it hard sometimes to tell whether the spell succeeded (or is interrupted) during combat if the party already has glows from other buffs, like prayer.

Thanks for the feedback.

That's not good if they aren't getting damage bonuses. I'll check. I know about the animation
  • DanacmDanacm Member Posts: 950
    I like this mod, and like to compatible with spell revisions, but i think in the case of spiked growth, it will be use the iwd animation instead of spell revision one because of the uniqueness of that.
    Danacm said:

I like this mod, and like to compatible with spell revisions, but i think in the case of spiked growth, it will be use the iwd animation instead of spell revision one because of the uniqueness of that.

Right now, whenever there is an sr version of a spell that also is in iwdee, the iwdee spell is not installed. The assumption is that the user has sr installed for a reason.

That said, there will eventually be a component that allows you to pick which version you want for each spell at some point. Also, a separate component will give the option to install a different version of some of these spells.

Anyway, you will be able to use the iwdee versions of any spell if you like, including SG.
  • AquadrizztAquadrizzt Member Posts: 1,065
    @Grammarsalad , be aware that opcode 248 (global melee damage bonus) does not appear in the Character Record or Inventory. Maybe that's why people think they aren't getting them.
    Grammarsalad
  • ReddbaneReddbane Member Posts: 222
    @Aquadrizzt
    I thought Chant, Prayer, and Recitation simply gave a flat bonus to all Weapon Damage (including ranged) through the same damage bonus code that is applied to the Swasbuckler (and technically the Kensai, though they can't equip missile weapons). If the mod is using opcode 248 then it is not applying the proper bonuses as described in IWD.
    I've noticed some oddities with opcode 12 in bgee where it's fine in iwdee ( which is annoying considering the former is a later version of the engine)

Anyway, I'm going through each spell by spell, so I'll address all issues eventually
  • jwwjww Member Posts: 34
    Anyone know if there's a Mac installer for this mod available for download anywhere?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

jww said:

Anyone know if there's a Mac installer for this mod available for download anywhere?

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/17717/tool-easy-mod-installer-weidu-launcher-for-os-x/p1
    Oh cool. I'll have to add that in my next release

jww said:

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/17717/tool-easy-mod-installer-weidu-launcher-for-os-x/p1
    Thanks, subtledoctor, that did the trick.
    A few minor issues I've encountered. (I do not have Spell Revisions installed or any other mods that add or modify spells. BG1EE and BG2EE are both at the 2.3 patch.)

1. On the list of level 2 priest spells, the druid list shows the standard BG1 "Resist Fire and Cold", but the cleric list shows both "Resist Fire and Cold" and "Resist Fire/Cold".

2. When transitioning from BG1 to BG2 (by exporting a character file after defeating Sarevok, right at the beginning of SoD), all of my druid's memorized Sunscorch slots appeared to become unmemorized, although Sunscorch still appears in the spell list in BG2. In addition, the game wouldn't let me memorize any spells in those empty slots, even though there were four slots that appeared to be empty, and the page stated: "Memorized: 3/7". I thought maybe Sunscorch was implemented separately for BG1 and BG2 and the game was somehow remembering that I had something in those slots but couldn't find the correct version to display it, but I didn't have any luck trying to fix it in eekeeper. I went back to my BG1 final save and unmemorized those slots, then re-exported, and that seems to have fixed the issue. This did not occur with any of the other IWD spells my druid had memorized at the end of BG1.

3. I don't know if this one was due to this mod or not, but I've never seen this behavior before. When I started up in BG2, of my three quick spell slots (Iron Skins, Chaotic Commands, and Alicorn Lance), I had 1 or more slots memorized for all three of those spells, but the quick slots all stated that I had zero memorized (going to the full list of memorized spells showed the correct number). It was fixed by reassigning the quick slots.

Thank you for providing this mod, it's been a lot of fun so far.
    Grammarsalad
    jww said:

A few minor issues I've encountered. (I do not have Spell Revisions installed or any other mods that add or modify spells. BG1EE and BG2EE are both at the 2.3 patch.)

1. On the list of level 2 priest spells, the druid list shows the standard BG1 "Resist Fire and Cold", but the cleric list shows both "Resist Fire and Cold" and "Resist Fire/Cold".

2. When transitioning from BG1 to BG2 (by exporting a character file after defeating Sarevok, right at the beginning of SoD), all of my druid's memorized Sunscorch slots appeared to become unmemorized, although Sunscorch still appears in the spell list in BG2. In addition, the game wouldn't let me memorize any spells in those empty slots, even though there were four slots that appeared to be empty, and the page stated: "Memorized: 3/7". I thought maybe Sunscorch was implemented separately for BG1 and BG2 and the game was somehow remembering that I had something in those slots but couldn't find the correct version to display it, but I didn't have any luck trying to fix it in eekeeper. I went back to my BG1 final save and unmemorized those slots, then re-exported, and that seems to have fixed the issue. This did not occur with any of the other IWD spells my druid had memorized at the end of BG1.

3. I don't know if this one was due to this mod or not, but I've never seen this behavior before. When I started up in BG2, of my three quick spell slots (Iron Skins, Chaotic Commands, and Alicorn Lance), I had 1 or more slots memorized for all three of those spells, but the quick slots all stated that I had zero memorized (going to the full list of memorized spells showed the correct number). It was fixed by reassigning the quick slots.

Thank you for providing this mod, it's been a lot of fun so far.

Thank you for the report.

Weird errors. I'll check them out.
  • LoldrupLoldrup Member Posts: 291
    Why is a b_IWD.zip file attached to op?
    should this mod go before or after SCS?
    and last one (hopefully):
    Should B_spells go before or after Spell Revisions?
    edited August 2018
    Loldrup said:

and last one (hopefully):
    Should B_spells go before or after Spell Revisions?

Definitely install it after sr (it is only compatible if installed after sr)
    edited August 2018
    Loldrup said:

should this mod go before or after SCS?

Before, I think.
    Loldrup said:

Why is a b_IWD.zip file attached to op?

Lol, it's been a while, but that should be the mod in an earlier, but stable version.

Edit: actually, I'm not completely sure why that is attached...
  • Radamanth77Radamanth77 Member Posts: 16
    Hello,
    The sixth spell in the priest_3 directory of the new spells is missing.

Hello,
    The sixth spell in the priest_3 directory of the new spells is missing.

Hey, sorry for the delayed response. I'm not sure what spell you're taking about, but this mod could use a new release. I have something more or less stable in the works. I just have to comment out a few things in the tp2 and I'll release it
  • Radamanth77Radamanth77 Member Posts: 16
    Cool to know. Any eta on the new release?

Cool to know. Any eta on the new release?

Missed this @Radamanth77 . Heh, well, I keep creating more spells. It's something of a compulsion. I have to actually check to make sure that everything installs fine and then I can do a release. Should be done by this Sunday
    edited September 2018
    Btw, you can find some of the new spell descriptions here (note that every spell described has been created, though many of them are incomplete In some way--e.g. wizard spell without a scroll).

https://github.com/UnearthedArcana/B_Spells/blob/master/README.md
    edited October 2018
    Release

I'm not going to update the OP because this mod has morphed into something different than the original description. I'll create a new page with a better description in the future.
    Raduziel
  • BollywoodHeroBollywoodHero Member Posts: 89
    Awesome. Should this go before or after tomeAndBlood and FaithsAndPowers?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Grammarsalad

Awesome. Should this go before or after tomeAndBlood and FaithsAndPowers?

Yeah, I would say right before TnB. I would install it before FnP, as well. I have to update FnP to take a few of these new spells into account, though.

That'll be next on the list.
    So I'm clear, right now you won't see some of the very new divine spells if you install FnP, like Snare or Camouflage. I'll update FnP by next Sunday to incorporate these spells.