Skip to content

Will Siege of Dragonspear be available through Mac App Store

Web site suggests this might be limited to just Beamdog and Steam users, which would be a shame - although understandable (unfortunately for me) given history of issues getting Apple to sign off on releases/updates in the past.

Comments

• GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    Since they've only just officially announced the product, they've probably only just started negotiating this with Apple, so I guess it's likely to be a while before they have an outcome to report.
  • GreenWarlockGreenWarlock Member Posts: 1,354
    Wondering if there is any more news on this - would app store players be able to integrate an expansion purchased through steam? (Not that that is of interest to me, all my Mac apps come through the app store, but it might at least clarify the issue for others.)
  • cmk24cmk24 Member Posts: 605
    I think the only official word there has been on this was "It will be available on all the same platforms the other EEs are on." This likely means it will also be able to buy it from all the same places.

I think they left the mac store off of the list on the main website since the mac store version has to go through the mac "approval process" that always delays the game by 1-2 weeks (out of Beamdog's control). The best Beamdog can do is give the build to the mac store a bit early and hope it passes the first time around (something they always do, but almost never happens).
    kcwiseJuliusBorisov
    I understand the Mac App Store approval process takes a little time, and is far from guaranteed to succeed on the first attempt - we saw this waiting for the BG2EE patch! I would just like confirmation that there is a plan to continue support for the App Store before getting excited and preparing plans for SoD :)
  • ProtoProto Member Posts: 4
    Was looking for the same information. However, I noticed that Steam has a promotion on Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition up till 4:th of April. So that means you only have to spend 5 euro extra to play Siege of Dragonspear today.
  • timerinotimerino Member Posts: 11
    It's 2017 ... still no Mac AppStore?
    _Luke_
    Mac App Store was always scheduled after iOS and android port, which now require a 64-bit build as well as cramming no end of resources under the 4Gb limit of the App Store, all of which was rescheduled after this:
    http://planescape.com

What will be interesting is seeing whether PS:T:EE comes to the Mac App Store, or is exclusive to Beamdog and Steam.
  • _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,535

What will be interesting is seeing whether PS:T:EE comes to the Mac App Store, or is exclusive to Beamdog and Steam.

It is NOT exclusive to Beamdog and Steam. It will also come to the Mac App Store! (http://planescape.com: scroll down, after the screenshots and before the system requirements.....)
    GreenWarlockJuliusBorisov
    Awesome! Thanks @Luke93 I managed to miss that completely.
    _Luke_JuliusBorisov
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Yes, PST:EE will be on the Mac App Store. Launches same time as the rest.
    GreenWarlock