I wanted to add a permanent Fire Elemental companion to my band of misfits, so I decided to throw together this little kit and also put it up here if anyone's interested. I haven't tested it much yet so it's probably not very balanced though.
You have to choose Human at character creation but your race and animation will be changed when you choose the kit. I would recommend against using it for your main character since I'm not sure what will happen when your race etc. is referenced in dialog.
Oh, and you should totally head over to Sorcerer's Place and get the Ignus soundset for BG (http://www.sorcerers.net/Games/BG2/index_mods_hosted_misc3.php)
FIRE ELEMENTAL: Fire Elementals are fast and agile creatures whose touch can set objects aflame. Owing to their fiery nature, they are unable to enter water. They are capable of speaking Ignan although they rarely speak.
- Gets +1 bonus to strength.
- May not wear any armor.
- Immune to all fire damage.
- May only use weapons available to the Thief class (except two-handed).
- May only become Proficient (one slot) in any weapon class.
- May only become Proficient (one slot) in Single-Weapon Style and may not put slots into any other style.
- May make 1 unarmed attack per round. An additional 1/2 attack per round is gained every 3 levels. Damage dealt by unarmed attacks increases with level as follows:
Level 1-2: 1d6
Level 3-5: 1d8
Level 6-8: 1d10
Level 9-14: 1d12
Level 15+: 1d20
- At level 9, unarmed attacks are treated as a +1 magical weapon and gain a +1 bonus to hit and damage rolls. This enchantment improves to +2 at level 12, +3 at level 15, and +4 at level 25.
- Does +1d2 fire damage on all melee attacks. This changes to +1d4 at level 10, +1d6 at level 15 and +1d8 at level 20.
- Deflect Missiles: +1 bonus to AC vs. missile attacks every 3 levels.
- Starts with an Armor Class of 9 at 1st level and gains an additional +1 bonus every 2 levels.
- 6th level: May use Agannazar's Scorcher once per day.
- 8th level: Gains a -1 bonus to Speed Factor.
- 10th level: Becomes immune to non-magical weapons.
- 12th level: Gains another -1 bonus to Speed Factor and may use Flame Strike once per day.
- 15th level: Becomes immune to weapons of +1 enchantment and lower.
- 18th level: May use Sunfire once per day.
- Hit Die: d8
UPDATE: Goofed up the clab-table (forgot to change it after I renamed some .spl-files). Now fixed.
UPDATE2: Noticed there was a bunch of garbage in the backup folder that was not supposed to be there... Now fixed.