Skip to content

Any Plans for DLC in the future

I know that BGEE and BG2EE there were talks about DLC being possible in the future, but nothing ever really happened with that except for mods created by third parties. I was wondering if anyone knows if there's any thoughts or plans for any DLC for Torment, since the Enhanced Edition of the game is going to pretty much be the same exact game in terms of content.

I'm mostly asking because I figured there might be some interesting points to pursue in terms of lore and quests, maybe something that involves the certain NPCs that seemed important but don't really get much attention in the game...

Also because more NPC choices would be a great thing to add... Maybe and Aasimar would like to follow me around.....

Comments

• DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    Nothing official is planned (and will probably not happen) but as PST:EE is very mod-friendly I presume that we will see mods for the game very quickly.
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    edited March 2017
    The old PST DLC's (Easter Egg Morte and Leprechaun Annah) will very likely make a come back after release. Although probably not as part of the base game.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    edited March 2017

The old PST DLC's (Easter Egg Morte and Leprechaun Annah) will very likely make a come back after release. Although probably not as part of the base game.

Q: Will the original Planescape: Torment bonus content (Leprechaun Annah & Easter Egg Morte) be included as optional content for PST:EE?
    A: Yes. Go here to get the files you need.

https://www.beamdog.com/planescape_faq#14
  • dockaboomskidockaboomski Member Posts: 440
    I, for one, would not be in favor of DLC additions to the game. There's a reason nothing was changed for the EE.
  • taclanetaclane Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 364

I, for one, would not be in favor of DLC additions to the game. There's a reason nothing was changed for the EE.

I agree. The story is a fairly tight narrative. Anything new would really stick out, or just be a series of unrelated fetch-quests that don't interfere with the main plot.

That isn't to say I'm 100% against mod or DLC efforts, but I sometimes wonder what it is that the community felt was missing in the main game. The game has been around for 17+ years, and the predominant mods out there address bugs, UI, or "Unfinished Business" content.

It would be interesting to see if the community comes up with anything cool now that the :EE version is a little more mod-friendly.

We should prepare ourselves for a Lady of Pain romance mod. It's pretty much inevitable. :tongue:
  • 11302101130210 Member Posts: 381
    edited March 2017
    I'd want DLC that just involves items or something. Please don't write anything... :(

More weapons, maybe a new class - PRIEST dlc!

edit: I guess making more weapons does involve some writing... idk.... Still, I think there needed to be some more.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited March 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • DanathionDanathion Member Posts: 173

I want art dlc that gives high quality movies and 2d Portraits for characters. Integrate this and make it toggleable on and off (although I'd never turn it off).

Take my money.

Agree!

@smeagolheart In the meantime this may be of interest to you for the release: http://tchosgames.blogspot.co.uk/2011/04/planescape-torment-portrait-mod.html
  • brusbrus Member Posts: 944
    edited March 2017

8. Have you thought about extending the Planescape: Torment universe in the past or did you consider this story finished?
    CA - While Planescape: Torment’s storyline is done (it reaches a definite conclusion in my eyes), I think the rest of the Planescape universe (multiverse) is ripe for further exploration – there’s countless planes and settings to explore, it would be a shame to let them go to waste.

Maybe this is the secret project in UE4 set in Planescape planeverse.

• Dark_AnsemDark_Ansem Member Posts: 992
    Trias companion. Enough said.
  • ExcubitoroExcubitoro Member Posts: 1
    I would like to see a DLC, but not adding to Planescape:Torment campaign. Rather I would want to see a new adventure, not just a mini-adventure. I would be interested in seeing Fall-From-Grace story (before and after the events in Torment). Perhaps also Mortes and Dak'hons story before and after Torment.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    There are no current plans for DLCs for PST:EE, be it NPCs or items, or anything else.
  • AranthysAranthys Member Posts: 722
    edited April 2017
    Sad puppy is sad.
    I would love some extended content (IE : new alternate quests) especiially for the part where you start plane travelling.

I always felt the curst, outlands, baator part of the game could have had some additional content / side quests, as they always felt a bit ... light on this topic, compared to the huge amount of sidequest deeds & stories to do in Sigil

Edit.: Priest spells are also a bit lacking after level 9+ (Level 4-7 spells) and it would be great to include some other spells to memorize besides Cure Serious Wounds, Cure Critical Wounds, Heal)