Skip to content

transferring saved games with mod kits from bgee(w or w/o) SoD TO BGEE2

ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
So, fairly new to adding mods after playing for years. Mods make all the difference after so long,
The problem is when transferring a saved charname file or saved game to BG2EE it drops the mod kit and reverts back to a standard kit. For example, my oozemaster kit in BGEE changes to a standard druid in BGEE2,

It actually did the same from BGEE to SoD, although he kept his new shapeshift and resistances but was threreafter listed as a plain druid and I assume would not get any new abiliites.
In BG2EE it actually kept special resistances but shapeshifting was changed to crap old bear instead of my fine mustard jelly.

Is this a problem with running new kits? Is there a way to change the kit back from plain crap druid to nice drippy new oozemaster druid?
Kinda sucks because if I had to start a new character oozemaster in BG2EE I dont get the nice new tome ability score adds from BGEE. Also any items that import from BGEE and SoD my character picker will not be imported as well.

Anyone know if this can be fixed?

Divine Remix
BGEE 1&2 v2.3
Did not add spheres or new spells.

Addition: downloaded and played around with ee keeper. Tough to get the right file in the right folder for it to work. BUT, did manage to change the class back from druid to oozemaster in BG2EE. Seems to more or less wrok although I had to raise CHR a few points more to deal with BG2EE dropping it lower than it should. Hit points still don't stay correct even when keeper in. Strange and basically a pain.

Not sure if items will transfer like this or not from SoD and BGEE.
Post edited by Zaghoul on

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Zaghoul
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    Thanks SD. I played around a little with EEKeeper for the first time. A little tricky that is but it seems to do the trick.

Vanilla 2.3 SoD did a pretty good job of auto transfer across the (now) three EE's, but mods I am finding make it a little tougher. But I gots to have my mods now. Whats life in BG without a little modding (and coffee).
    ThacoBell
    edited April 2017
    @subtledoctor and/or anyone else.

THere seems to be an issue with EE keeper. I take a modded kit and run through BGEE with it. At the end of the big fight, the game automatically starts in SoD with all characters and items as normal.

Now the issue arises when my charname reverts to the base class, in this case, from hivemaster to true druid.

Now I expected this given the previous explanations, but the strange thing is he still has all the abilities of the HM class, extra spells , etc, shapeshifting forms,etc. (regains them as well after use) ) For some reason EEK did everything BUT change the name and class description from druid to HM on the character INFO screen.

EEK in edit saved game mode lists HM in the kit section under druid as well.
    The path assignment for the HM kit is the same path number the character had in BG previously so just does not make sense.

A little thing(class kit title and description) I know, just bugs me is all, but gonna run with it anyway.

Any ideas why EEK does this for SoD?

Post edited by Zaghoul on

Probably because the strings for the kit are correct in clastext.2da, but not in sodcltxt.2da.

@subtledoctor
    Is that an easy fix or not for the uninitiated?

So if going up levels do you think new class abilities for the kit would be added?

I suppose I could EEKeeper some in if I know the right codes for something like oozemasters resistance to acid or whatnot.
    @subtledoctor this is with both hivemaster stand alone kit and the DRV8 (no spells or spheres) Oozemaster kit. Both added to class selection but for example the OM just listed as a druid with the extra OM abilities.
    NI is beyond me so I'll just make do somehow.

It looks to be just SoD, cannot make the new kits with the class names and decriptors (special abilities it can) Both BGEEv2.3 and BG2EEv2.3 can make a new HM or OM with everything normal inc. descriptors.

Just weird it is. Thanks
    Zaghoul
    @subtledoctor I checked and both kits had the .tpa files but they were from 2014(DR) and 2016(HM). I replaced both with your latest M&G version .tpa and re-installed the mods.
    That seemed to do the trick. Thanks alot. :)

Heads up to @Artemius_I for the standalone HM kit for BGEE.

On a related note.
    I also found the problem with the DRv8 OM's acid res. capable of being dispelled ,that I posted on the G3 site for the Oozemaster in DR. No repies there but at looking in EEKeeper I noticed that unlike the poison resistance, the AcidR was mistakenly set to CAN be dispelled, So, with out knowledge of how to do that on a mod basis it seems EEK can change it to a non-dispel status like it should be, when gaining that ability.
  • Papa_LouPapa_Lou Member Posts: 263
    Somewhat related question:

If a mod is installed on BGEE, SoD, and BG2EE that changes the way a pre-existing kit works, will that follow through if the character is transferred into SoD and BG2EE? The mod is installed on all games, so I assume it should be fine, but I figure it never hurts to double check.
    ThacoBell
    @Papa_Lou In my experience, pre-existing 'original kit' changes across the board seem to transfer fine. For ex. I use rogue rebalancing to change bards and thieves, their new abilities appear stay the same throughout as it changes the class itself.
    ThacoBellPapa_Lou