Skip to content

What race of the Planescape campaign setting would you like to play our TNO as the most?

KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
Everyone should by now *know* that our deader protagonist was... is... will be... an Planar Human.

But what if that wasn't the case?
What if the game really did allow for race selection with appropriate corresponding dialogue trees throughout the game?

What race of the Planescape campaign setting would you like to play our TNO as the most?

Me, I personally always was fascinated by the Bariaurs and would love to play as one of those tauric bovids. And them being natives of the Plane of Ysgard guarantees the quality of their Viking Metal open airs and mead stalls. :wink:
Rogue Modrons are a close second for me. Although I wouldn't say 'no' to insectoids like the Formians as well.
  1. What race of the Planescape campaign setting would you like to play our TNO as the most?33 votes
    1. Aasimar
      15.15%
    2. Bariaur
        6.06%
    3. Genasi
        6.06%
    4. Githyanki
        9.09%
    5. Githzerai
      12.12%
    6. Planar Half-Elf
        3.03%
    7. Planar Human
        6.06%
    8. Rogue Modron
        9.09%
    9. Tiefling
      24.24%
    10. others (Bladeling, Formian, Nathri, ect.)
        9.09%
dockaboomskiTeflon

Comments

• dockaboomskidockaboomski Member Posts: 440
    Oh, this is tough. I'm having such a hard time choosing because the character is so established in my mind.
    Teflon
  • QueegonQueegon Member Posts: 363
    Difficult choice on first sight, but I went with the easy one in the end.

No worries, Annah, we'll BOTH be steaming hot (giggity) while kissing and hell, who knows, maybe it won't end after the first one, eh? :wink:
  • 11302101130210 Member Posts: 381
    Tiefling.

But... thinking about it... who knows if the dynamic would work quite as well if he weren't human? Who can say?
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    Bhaalspawn

*ducks*
    AndreaColombotaclanethemazingnesstbone1
  • AttalusAttalus Member Posts: 156
    I almost hit "Aasimar" since that is what I played in Neverwinter Nights 2 but opted for Tiefling, cause they can be so different in appearance.
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,524
    Honestly, I'd keep mine as a Planar Human. PS:T is different from most other RPGs in that it tells the story of a specific character with specific characteristics (in the same way as The Witcher tells the story of Geralt of Rivia, and not that of a generic character that can be anyone from anywhere), so I would have a hard time conceiving the story with any other protagonist.

I would certainly welcome more Planescape cRPGs, and in those I'd be interested in trying out Genasi, Githyanki, or Githzerai characters. TNO, however, will forever be a male Planar Human in my mind.
    themazingness
  • BaptorBaptor Member Posts: 341
    I agree with those who say that - given the choice I wouldn't change anything about TNO.

However I voted as if we were making a new PS game and I could choose my race. I choose Githzerai. I always loved Dakkon and the Gith culture and backstory. I've used them a lot in my PnP games as the "others" who know a crap ton about the Planes.

That said, I think another PS video game is in order. And I would LOVE it if the twist in Character Creation was that you HAD to pick a Planar race. No elves, dwarves, or anything like that and I would also argue - no humans. Just to ensure your main character will have that spice of the Planes.
    Kamigoroshi
  • GarrusN7GarrusN7 Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 155
    Either a Tiefling (one that at least looks like one from now) or a Draconian. Both would be awesome...
  • GenderNihilismGirdleGenderNihilismGirdle Member Posts: 1,353
    Githzerai so I can play out the fan theory headcanon that the original incarnation was Zerthimon.
    JuliusBorisov