Skip to content

Nymph Cloak.. not hair

I backstabbed Ragefast, and freed the Nymph from captivity. She rewarded me with a whole Nymph cloak, instead of a lock of her hair. This seemed unusual.

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    ever since the EEs came out, for whatever reason beamdog switched it so now she gives you a cloak instead of nymph hair
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    edited April 2017
    No... I'm pretty sure I still get the hair like I'm supposed to...

Edit: Ah. You know what? For some reason, if you kill Ragefast then Abela gives you a cloak. However, if you talk Ragefast into freeing her, then she gives you hair instead. I have NEVER killed Ragefast and freed Abela at the same time so I was not aware this was a thing.
  • St. AndrewSt. Andrew Member Posts: 86
    Yeah it's different depending on how you finish the quest... which.. emm.. Idk. Seems weird.
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    Maybe she appreciates him getting wasted instead, so gives a ready made item? I've noticed it as well.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    I wonder if this is part of that "unfinished business" thing that the EE's implemented,

I believe the EE's restored a couple of quests in the original BG and perhaps this is how this quest was supposed to work originally but when the original BG came out it didn't work this way

so perhaps the EE's have restored this quest to it's original intentions
    Might be the case.
    I wonder if she wove that cloak in all her spare time as a ragefast;s sex slave lol
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938

I wonder if she wove that cloak in all her spare time

I thought something similar. Playing a druid it feels more natural to receive the cloak from her as opposed to having to trade the hair into SSundaries and getting a ready made one, that could possibly come from some unknown and potentially worse method of collection.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    I think I know what is going on here. I checked the dialog in vBG1 and, regardless of how you free her, she would give you her hair. The issue was that if you killed Ragefast, she said she would give you a cloak made from her hair, but in reality she just gave you her hair. The Beamdog devs must have noticed this discrepancy and changed her dialog script so that what she gave you matched what she said she gave you. I, however, think what the Bioware devs intended was that she give you her hair in both cases and not the cloak, but someone goofed up the dialog. This makes the most sense to me because it seems intended that you take the hair to Halbazzer Drin where he would make the hair into a cloak for you. Otherwise you would be able to get a second Nymph Cloak by picking his pocket.