Skip to content

Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition FAQ

Comments

• themazingnessthemazingness Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 702
    ThacoBell said:

ccunning1 said:

Man, you beamdog guys playing it safe or what? I'm still buying it, but at least make a few established changes.

They would probably be crucified if they did.
    They are anyway. People are still so offended by Dragonspear that they are acting ridiculous anywhere where PT:EE is being promoted (besides here). I can't imagine what it would be like if they had made changes.

A lot of us would love to have an expansion, and we'll probably never get it because of all the butthurt.

Unless WotC gives the 2nd edition campaign settings some love in 5e or future iterations, we may never see settings like Planescape revisited either.
    Skanks[Deleted User]
  • Montresor_SPMontresor_SP Member Posts: 2,208
    I'd love to see some of the abandoned quests implemented: The Pendant of Yemeth, The Candlestick quest, maybe some conclusion to the tale of Princess Xixi, and some more options in Curst. But I don't blame Beamdog for being cautious about adding new content.
    ConjurerDragon
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    ccunning1 said:

Man, you beamdog guys playing it safe or what? I'm still buying it, but at least make a few established changes.

According to Trent Oster, “anything that was well-scaffolded and well thought-out that was left slightly incomplete, it came down to Chris Avellone. We asked, ‘If this had shipped in the original, would the game have been better?’

“When we did make some changes, they were very comfortable for the original design. There are some big things that we looked at and went, ‘This would make it better but we’re basically going in and repainting the smile on the Mona Lisa here.’”

According to Alex Tomovic, "it would have been impossible to add new content to the game without changing its unique atmosphere and tone. The story of Planescape: Torment stands strong on its own, which is why (Alex) focused the team’s efforts on making improvements to the technology behind the game, rather than making any changes to its content."
    Montresor_SPtaclaneAndreaColomboThacoBell
  • MonoCanallaMonoCanalla Member Posts: 291

Translations into languages other than German, French, Polish and Korean are the subject we're trying to find solutions for. More news as we have it.

I encourage you to talk with this guys: http://www.clandlan.net/foros/topic/43214-atraduccion-planescape-torment-v2-final/

Great Spanish translation. Guess they would have to adapt to the changes in text.
  • JidokwonJidokwon Member Posts: 395
    Will the option to highlight interactive objects exist?
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    Jidokwon said:

Will the option to highlight interactive objects exist?

https://www.beamdog.com/planescape_faq#17
    JuliusBorisov
  • JidokwonJidokwon Member Posts: 395
    @Doubledimas: Thank you for the link. It answered a number of questions I had about it being modernized.

Yet another question, though, will the Max Hit Point option properly raise the lower health that almost all of the joinable NPCs would start at? For some annoying reason, when selecting this option in the other EE games, it doesn't properly give Max Hit Points to the levels the joinable NPCs had before joining the party. The Nameless (depending on starting constitution) and all of the Joinable NPCs in PSTEE won't have their proper Max Hit Points if they don't spend the couple of minutes to adjust where they start at.
  • ccunning1ccunning1 Member Posts: 18
    Well, I went back and bought SoD because beamdog fixed the story, I don't see why these people can't just let it go.
    taclane
  • cmk24cmk24 Member Posts: 605
    During the live stream it was mentioned that for PST:EE middle-mouse-click has been mapped to "reset zoom." Does this mean middle-click-and-drag will no longer move the map around (like it does in all the other EEs)? If so, can this key binding be re-mapped by the player? I really like to use middle mouse to move the map and I don't think I would use the rest zoom all that much.
  • DorcusDorcus Member Posts: 270
    edited April 2017

Unless WotC gives the 2nd edition campaign settings some love in 5e or future iterations, we may never see settings like Planescape revisited either.

Curse of Strahd is a thing, which is a remake of I6 Ravenloft, but fwiw Ravenloft setting was in 3e. They've paid lipservice to a number of settings in interviews, saying "Yes, these settings are fantastic, haven't been used in a while, and are part of our brand" and there's plenty of direct references to 2e settings in 5e, like for example Modrons are in the Monster Manual, but so far nothing truly major has materialized on the forefront of revitalizing an old setting that hasn't been seen in a while. Rumor has it that Eberron is going to happen sometime, but I don't know anything else.

Oh yeah, Tales from the Yawning Portal is a book of self contained dungeons, but they take place in a few different settings, with a few paragraphs how to fit them into other settings, specifically Greyhawk, Dragonlance, Forgotten Realms, Eberron, (again all seen in 3e)but nothing real major.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    edited April 2017
    cmk24 said:

During the live stream it was mentioned that for PST:EE middle-mouse-click has been mapped to "reset zoom." Does this mean middle-click-and-drag will no longer move the map around (like it does in all the other EEs)? If so, can this key binding be re-mapped by the player? I really like to use middle mouse to move the map and I don't think I would use the rest zoom all that much.

@cmk24 Middle click and drag still moves the map around.

Clicking the middle mouse button once resets the zoom level, clicking and dragging still pans the map as in the previous EE games. Nothing was changed here.
    Post edited by JuliusBorisov on
    cmk24sparkleav
    Jidokwon said:

Yet another question, though, will the Max Hit Point option properly raise the lower health that almost all of the joinable NPCs would start at? For some annoying reason, when selecting this option in the other EE games, it doesn't properly give Max Hit Points to the levels the joinable NPCs had before joining the party. The Nameless (depending on starting constitution) and all of the Joinable NPCs in PSTEE won't have their proper Max Hit Points if they don't spend the couple of minutes to adjust where they start at.

@Jidokwon Max HP on level up does not affect the hit points of NPCs before they join your party.
  • ShapiroKeatsDarkMageShapiroKeatsDarkMage Member Posts: 2,428
    I have pre-ordered it on steam, is there any special badge for who pre-orders it?
  • rede9rede9 Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 1,947
    I don't think so.

I have pre-ordered it on steam, is there any special badge for who pre-orders it?

The pre-order badge is only for pre-orders from Beamdog.
  • HadarHadar Member Posts: 171
    @JuliusBorisov

I also would love option that I can manually level up all companions upon first joining in the team (especially in BG series). It would also solve the need for max HP per level for companions about which @Jidokwon wrote.
  • HadarHadar Member Posts: 171
    @JuliusBorisov Ohh, and a option that I have always 100% change to learn spells would be marvellous, because I tent to play on the hardest difficulty and I must save and load a lot. xD And I think that I am not the only one. :P
  • ShapiroKeatsDarkMageShapiroKeatsDarkMage Member Posts: 2,428
    rede9 said:

I don't think so.

Oh crapbaskets.
    We've added a new Q-A to the FAQ - screenshots showing everything!

What does Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition look like with the different features turned on or off?

https://www.beamdog.com/planescape_faq#08
    AstroBryGuyAndreaColombo
  • HellsChickenHellsChicken Member Posts: 12
    Can saves be easily transferred between the Steam and iOS versions?

Saves can be transferred to iOS, but not easily. If you zip, rename and then AirDrop it, you can transfer the saves.
    AstroBryGuyepettitaclane
  • HellsChickenHellsChicken Member Posts: 12

Saves can be transferred to iOS, but not easily. If you zip, rename and then AirDrop it, you can transfer the saves.
    Thanks for the reply! Can you also go the other way?
    taclaneJuliusBorisov
  • epettiepetti Member Posts: 7
    Would you mine clarifying on the transfer to iOS? I managed to AirDrop out of iOS onto my Mac. But going back isn't working for me.

I took a save game folder from my Mac (from the original game), compressed to zip, renamed to .pstsave. Even tried renaming the .gam and .sav to BALDUR.GAM and BALDUR.SAV based on what I saw. I AirDropped it onto the iPad. It transferred successfully, and even prompted to open with Planescape Torment, but never appeared in the Load screen. Can't find where or how to access it after that transfer.
  • DoodlerooDoodleroo Member Posts: 28
    edited April 2017
    I'm feeling kinda stupid to ask: If I pre-ordered the OST, how do I access it? I do not find it in the PST:EE installation folder, neither in the Beamdog client nor do I see any download link on my account page (using macOS)?
    Doodleroo said:

I'm feeling kinda stupid to ask: If I pre-ordered the OST, how do I access it? I do not find it in the PST:EE installation folder, neither in the Beamdog client nor do I see any download link on my account page (using macOS)?

You can get the OST from the Beamdog account page after purchasing. Should be on the left side.
  • DoodlerooDoodleroo Member Posts: 28

Doodleroo said:

You can get the OST from the Beamdog account page after purchasing. Should be on the left side.
    Hmm, thanks for the response, now I'm feeling really stupid, but I do not see a download link anywhere...

This is a screenshot from my account page:

If I click on the OST icon, the link takes me to the store page. On the left side of the store page, there is a 'Soundtracks' button, but clicking it results in 403 - Forbidden :(

I'm using Safari btw.
  • taclanetaclane Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 364
    @Doodleroo
    That "Soundtracks" button you see is the download link. Someone at Beamdog may have a better answer why it may not be working, but I was able to download the OST on Safari just a few minutes ago.
  • taclanetaclane Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 364
    edited April 2017

@JuliusBorisov is right, but there are a couple other steps to ensure it works. Here's how I was able to shuffle things around between my Mac and iOS:

1. Locate the save file you are interested in. For example on MacOS, that would be somewhere in: ~/Documents/Planescape Torment - Enhanced Edition/save
    2. Open the subdirectory of the save you want to export, select those files and compress/zip them using whatever tool you have available. Do not zip the entire folder from the save directory, as directory info in the zip file will foul-up the import.
    3. Rename your gamesaveizipped.zip to gamesaveizipped.pstsave. On MacOS, you may need to do a "Get Info" on the file (Command-i) to verify that was renamed properly, and not something like: gamesaveizipped.pstsave.zip
    4. Airdrop/email/whatever the file over to your iOS device. When you open it, you will have the option to view the file in Planescape Torment.
    5. The save will now be in PST:EE iOS, named as whatever the you called the zip file in step 2 or 3.

Good luck! :wink:
    JuliusBorisovGate70
    @Doodleroo

It looks like the requests are coming from two different computers (the request for the soundtracks is coming from a different IP then the request the store gets). Is it possibe you're behind a proxy or something? To view the soundtracks page, you get a unique URL based off the ip address of the computer requesting it.