Skip to content

Anyone else playing PST:EE on a Windows tablet with stylus/active digitizer?

willadamswilladams Member Posts: 4
Pre-ordered, and just started playing --- the Infinity Engine games have always worked quite nicely on tablets w/ active digitizers, but PST seems to be an exception --- things don't highlight as well as they ought, and I'm finding it necessary to use my keyboard's touchpad for some things.

This is on a Toshiba Encore 2 Write 10 w/ a Wacom AES Feel driver loaded --- anyone have suggestions on how to configure things to make them work better?

Comments

• ChevensChevens Member Posts: 1
    using a surface pro 4 and running the tablet interface. Im unable to use touch input to interact with anything in the inventory screen... sorta makes the game unplayable :(
  • AncientCowboyAncientCowboy Member Posts: 199
    Just because it has to be asked... On the Options menu under Graphics there's a 'Use Tablet Interface' option. Is it checked?
  • willadamswilladams Member Posts: 4
    No, didn't have that toggled on --- turning it on resulted in an interesting change in the interface appearance, which I think I'd like, but unfortunately, didn't change the functionality:

- can't click-drag with the stylus to move items in the inventory panel
    - can't double-click on items in the interface
    - can't hover the cursor and get stuff to highlight using the stylus

panning around by touch does work though, which is quite nice (and not something which worked in previous versions)
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    Chevens said:

using a surface pro 4 and running the tablet interface. Im unable to use touch input to interact with anything in the inventory screen... sorta makes the game unplayable :(

@Chevens, we have the bug recorded internally. The corresponding public bug ticket is here: http://support.baldursgate.com/issues/30532.

Thank you for bringing this up to our attention and sorry for the negative experience.