Skip to content

PS:T EE IS HERE! How do you plan on enjoying it/purchasing it?

Cr4zyJCr4zyJ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 208
Hello,

Resident EE mobile fan boy (champion!) here checking in to see how you'll be enjoying the latest EE release. This will be my first time playing pst and i already have my android copy (and I may even get a steam copy like the other EE releases)!

How do you primarily plan on enjoying the new title?

If you are going to buy or use a combo of options 1-3 alone, just select the one you'll use most. (I realize that if it's on steam that you'll probably be able to play it on pc, mac and SteamOS. So that's why I'm mentioning it)

Edit 2: If you're going to be enjoying PS:T (non EE) AND DON'T PLAN ON BUYING the EE release, choose 6 (the last one) regardless of how you own it (digital or physical copy).

Edit 3: IF YOU OWN THE ORIGINAL VERSION AND PLAN ON BUYING an EE copy, vote on which one you'll be buying and playing.

Feel free to defend your platform of choice in an over the top (yet friendly) fashion!

J

Edit: oh dear! The last option is supposed to say "even the really big cockroach like in Fallout". I swear I proof read it like 3 times :s
  1. PS:T EE IS HERE! How do you plan on enjoying it/purchasing it?68 votes
    1. Pc (Steam, GoG, Beamdog client)
      67.65%
    2. MAC
        8.82%
    3. LINUX (including SteamOS)
        1.47%
    4. "Mobile" (Android platforms, iOS)
        7.35%
    5. The everywhere Combo! (any combo of 1-3 Aaaannnd 4)
        7.35%
    6. I have a compact disc with PS:T on it from the 90's in pristine condition that will outlive us all, even after the apocalypse and the really cockroach if will make like in Fallout. So suck it, world! (ie I have a great modded/unmodded copy I will play. Cheers to beamdog for reviving a classic!)
        7.35%
Post edited by Cr4zyJ on

Comments

• KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    I won my steam key. So, PC for me. :3
  • QueegonQueegon Member Posts: 363
    I *know* I had it on discs because I remember playing it before burning CDs and internet were evergreen. It's lost to time and space. Now it's Beamdog because they rule bringing New Life (get it?) to iconic games of the past and bringing them up to par with modern reqs. And as a sucker for achievements, I'm sure as hell playing my first EE run on Steam after I get a key.
  • PibaroPibaro Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,989
    Pc and ipad, but I'll play on ipad only
  • Dark_AnsemDark_Ansem Member Posts: 992
    PC, of course.
  • Cr4zyJCr4zyJ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 208
    edited April 2017
    taclane said:

Cr4zyJ said:

How do you primarily plan on enjoying the new title?

On a tablet, sitting comfortably by the fireplace, with a glass of single-malt scotch.

The game is a classic, and it is best enjoyed classically. :smiley:
    This... All of this... You beautiful, tasteful, human being! :) Pray tell, will you be adorning a smoking jacket?
  • CuvCuv Member, Developer Posts: 2,535
    Voted PC (although I do still have both versions of the original game 2 and 4 disc for my time capsule - can add the EE in there too now)
    Cuv said:

Voted PC (although I do still have both versions of the original game 2 and 4 disc for my time capsule - can add the EE in there too now)

This is me with the Baldur's gate and Fallout games. I have the original Cd copies of both BG games, then i burned a DVD with all the files from the Cds and their expansion for each game (and patches/mods) so I wouldn't have to change disks anymore, then bought the EE copies on steam, then I bought them on Android...
    @taclane you and Bruce Campbell so get me lol
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    where is the i already have the gog option.
  • taclanetaclane Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 364

Well, if you're talking about the original 1999 PST version on GOG, you wouldn't be enjoying PST:EE now would you? :tongue:

Otherwise, option 1 seems to have GOG covered.
    edited April 2017

If you're going to be enjoying PS:T (non EE) and don't plan on buying the EE release, Press 6!

For Spanish, press 9. For all other inquiries, tweet Trent Oster :)

Edit: I amended the OP to reflect this
    Post edited by Cr4zyJ on
  • SkanksSkanks Member Posts: 16
    I'm hoping they give me a steam key in the next few hours before I get home. I want to check out all the achievements! Otherwise I'll start playing through the Beamdog client
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    edited April 2017
    Oh strange. I am so certain that my Cd has the blue/face cover on it. Location specific?
  • CrixlerCrixler Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2017
    I had initially been planning to get it on GOG eventually, since I have all the other EEs on there, but I won a Steam key during the stream, so Steam it is! (Or at least I think they said it'll be a Steam key.)
    edited April 2017

lroumen said:

Oh strange. I am so certain that my Cd has the blue/face cover on it. Location specific?

Cuv mentioned earlier that the game was released a couple times. After some brief research I also saw that it was released on 4 cd, 2 Cd, and DVD physical releases over the years. Maybe they had different cover/cd art @Cuv???

I know they also re-released the fallout games on DVD in similar packaging. I don't know if this was something the resurrected interplay did with all the games it had license to distribute or what exactly happened... Especially since interplay sold the fallout ip to Bethesda what seems like a decade ago but that's a complicated issue because apparently there was a rumor going on for a bit a while back interplay was trying to make another fallout game after it had sold the rights.
  • AttalusAttalus Member Posts: 156
    I have a PS:T disc set from the 90s like you said, but I still am going to buy and install the EE because I wanna see it the things that bug me about the first one are still there (ie, the ENDING!)
    edited April 2017
    Cuv said:

@Cr4zyJ Here is a pic of my 1999 release 4 discs, I don't have the cover box any more. It was a large size box. These discs have TNO, Annah, Morte and Vhailor on them.

Edit: I also have the ones you show :wink:

Thanks for showing! :)

Edit: nice presentation also = D
  • taclanetaclane Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 364
    Nimran said:

Step 1: Come home from work.
    Step 2: Install the game.
    Step 3: Take off my clothes.
    Step 4: Order pizza.
    Step 5: Answer the door naked.
    Step 6: Play the game while eating pizza.

It seems you've found the answer to: What can change the nature of pants?
    :tongue:
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    Hmm. I need to check my disks to see what is on them
    taclane said:

Nimran said:

Step 1: Come home from work.
    Step 2: Install the game.
    Step 3: Take off my clothes.
    Step 4: Order pizza.
    Step 5: Answer the door naked.
    Step 6: Play the game while eating pizza.

It seems you've found the answer to: What can change the nature of pants?
    :tongue:
    *what can change the nature of a man: pants
  • knasknas Member Posts: 50
    Bought it on Beamdog to support the devs!
  • JumboWheat01JumboWheat01 Member Posts: 1,028
    I just bought it on Steam and have played it for a few hours. I already see what people are talking about when it comes to this game. Is it the best combat experience for a D&D game? So far, heck no. But the writing... the WRITING!
  • GallengerGallenger Member Posts: 400
    I've still got my 4 disc set as the style above (NA) I've still got the original game box, as well as the foldy cardbox box thing. They're also the same character's faces (I was secretly kind of hoping they were random lol) The saddest fact about all these old multidisc games is that I loaned my BG disc 5 to a friend in Junior High and he never gave it back otherwise I'd have the full collection :(
  • GenderNihilismGirdleGenderNihilismGirdle Member Posts: 1,353
    Been playin' in on GOG!
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    now i wish i could change my vote as bought the steam version of the ee afew days ago.