Skip to content

Dialog and character lines.

Just wondering if any dialog or character lines where deleted in this version of the game. My floating skull buddy seems a little less chatty.

Comments

• AlexTAlexT Member Posts: 760
    No content was removed or added for PST:EE, in comparison to the original Planescape Torment.

Is it possible that you had the Unfinished Business mod installed when you last played the original game? Specifically, the "Restored More Morte Mortuary Moments" component?
    PibaroJuliusBorisov
  • PibaroPibaro Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,989
    Such as the banter when you see the big book and Dall in the third room?
    It didn't start in my EE playthrough
  • AlexTAlexT Member Posts: 760
    For clarity, PST:EE does not include any content from the Unfinished Business mod. This is by design.

The goal of the Enhanced Edition was to deliver the canon Planescape Torment experience to modern devices, without altering any narrative or gameplay aspects of the original.
    PibaroTeflonJuliusBorisov
  • TakisMegasTakisMegas Member Posts: 835
    Thank you for the clarity AlexT, I did not/do not use any mods in any of my plays of PST. Morte does not make his female zombie remarks in the EE version for me so far. May be a bug. If anyone or yourself confirm this then cool. I don't care if it was, just remembering something one way and not getting that same giggle when the dialog fires off is kinda making me go Hmmmmm.
  • PibaroPibaro Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,989

Thank you for the clarity AlexT, I did not/do not use any mods in any of my plays of PST. Morte does not make his female zombie remarks in the EE version for me so far. May be a bug. If anyone or yourself confirm this then cool. I don't care if it was, just remembering something one way and not getting that same giggle when the dialog fires off is kinda making me go Hmmmmm.

It did to me, but he need to be close to TNO.

I.E. - I left him in the first room, and when I spoke to the "rules of three" zombie nothing happened. So I moved Morte closer and this time his dialogue occurred to me.
    TakisMegas
  • TakisMegasTakisMegas Member Posts: 835
    Thank you Pibaro. Maybe it's a bug. I'll reinstall tomorrow and see what happens.
  • EldraneEldrane Member Posts: 56
    I'm playing the iPad version and also missing some of the audio dialogue banter from Morte...
  • IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    @here Hey guys, lets get some information / steps down here so we can start getting bug reports filed.

I can tell you that on the Desktop playthroughs I've had (and I did a significant amount of story testing throughout) Morte has never failed to make his dialog conversation about female zombies after talking with the first female zombie.

See if this works for you:

1) Start a new game.
    2) Obtain the Scalpel in the first room. (Morte should Cutscene)
    3) Kill the zombies and obtain the key
    4) Open the door to the next room
    5) Enter the next room (Morte should Cutscene) - Conversation about female zombies should happen here.
    6) Find/talk with a female zombie.

Once you complete the conversation with the zombie Morte should re-initiate dialog with TNO about the zombie "checking him out".

Is it possible that you're ignoring the conversation option in 5 above? I don't think I've ever tried not conversing with Morte about his female zombie fettish to see if he simply doesn't fire dialog with TNO after talking with one.

Let me know...if it's buggy we'll get a report in for it.

Please "@" me with responses.
    TeflonJuliusBorisov
    @Eldrane Any particular dialog in specific?
  • EldraneEldrane Member Posts: 56
    When Morte is chattering about the "romance" options with the Zombies or telling you to be cautious?
    Teflon
    @Eldrane Those lines never were voiced.

Morte definitely initiates dialog for them and cutscenes properly, but there never was "audio" dialog from Morte on those triggers.

To be specific:

* When you obtain the scalpel Morte cutscenes to you and throws text dialog but does not throw audio dialog.
    * When you open the door to the second room in the Mortuary and walk into it, Morte (again) cutscenes into automatic movement and then initiates dialog with you, but there is no audio trigger/dialog to be had.
    * Lastly, when you talk with a female zombie the first time and then exit that conversation Morte immediately re-initiates dialog with TNO about it, but there is, again, no audio trigger.

Morte has very very very few spoken lines in the Mortuary.
    TeflonPibaroJuliusBorisov