Skip to content

Anyone played rouge nameless one?

murmandamusmurmandamus Member Posts: 45
So anybody played rouge? That makes Annah obselote but should this playstyle be fun?
TeflonMontresor_SPJuliusBorisov

Comments

• TeflonTeflon Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 515
    I divided role, like, annah do the traps and TNO do backstabber.
    Two rogue seems too much and no point though, except let TNO make use of the
    mark of the servant
    JuliusBorisov
  • onelasttry84onelasttry84 Member Posts: 52
    my first playthrough (classic version) was a rogue run... from what I read before I hink most ppl concider rogue to be subpar to other classes in planescape but I thought it was a lot of fun...
    two rogues (TNO and Annah) plus tons of rat charms for instant re-stealth means you can dish out massive damage.

on top of that I just loved pickpocketing may way through the planes ;) and being a rogue in Sigil just feels *right* ... the setting fits perfectly... oh yeah and I forgot punch daggers! how cool is that ;)
    TeflonJuliusBorisovmement0DJKajuru
  • mement0mement0 Member Posts: 105
    edited April 2017
    I have completed a thief run and in fact the experience was interesting even if I somehow neglected Wisdom.

The most fun parts about this class was
    - never having the need to buy supplies,
    - backstabbing some of the most fearsome creatures in the planes for over 100 points of damage, even 5 times in a row,
    - a few dexterity only based quest solutions,
    - stealing from Vriscica's shop of curiosities.

I "ll try to post a few screenshots later if there is time.

If I did a second thief run the only thing I would change would be a higher initial Wisdom attribute. High damage wise thiefs are perfectly fine in PST.

Edit: I cannot remember every single fight, but there are some boss fights where you can effectively restealth by running away from the boss.
    the aasimar for example

Edit2: Here are a few screenshots as promised. Do not worry only minor spoilers here.

Post edited by mement0 on
    TeflonJuliusBorisovElysianEchoesGrum
  • onelasttry84onelasttry84 Member Posts: 52
    didn't the dirty rat charm also re-stealth you for a very short time? Or is my mind playing tricks on me again? :|
  • Montresor_SPMontresor_SP Member Posts: 2,208
    edited April 2017

didn't the dirty rat charm also re-stealth you for a very short time? Or is my mind playing tricks on me again? :|

No, it just gives you a bonus to Stealth and Pickpocketing, and a penalty to Charisma. http://torment.wikia.com/wiki/Dirty_Rat_Charm
  • ElysianEchoesElysianEchoes Member Posts: 475
    Dang, I was planning to go fighter for my first EE playthrough, but you guys make a convincing case . . .

Now I'm conflicted lol
    taclane
  • Xerxes1811Xerxes1811 Member Posts: 65
    Same here, I was planning on a mage play through for my first shot at PST, but I love playing as a rogue type in most RPGs. Now I'm seriously considering rogue TNO. The hard part will be trying to figure out how to get good rogue stats with enough balance to get the best dialogue options possible.
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    A few things to note about thief characters in Planescape Torment:

*The ability to open locks well isn't completely unique. Unlike in the Baldur's Gate games where there are a couple of locks which not even someone with 25 Strength can break yet a skilled thief can pick, in Planescape Torment every lock can be forced by someone with high enough strength.
    *The game doesn't have very many dangerous traps.
    *On the plus side, one cool thing that thieves can do that no one else can is turn invisible. Planescape Torment has NO spells or items that grant invisibility; only thief stealth can do it.
  • ElysianEchoesElysianEchoes Member Posts: 475
    I'm thinking 15 str, dex, wis, and 12 con. Get plus 2 tattoos for those stats except strength quickly. First three level up points in str, then level seven fighter 19 strength. Twelve levels of fighter for grandmastery then level 20 thief. It's only 200k more exp for fighter 12 thief 20 than fighter 20. should make for a mighty nice backstab, I expect. Raise other stats after level seven as needed. Thoughts?
  • marcerormarceror Member Posts: 577
    edited April 2017

So anybody played rouge? That makes Annah obselote but should this playstyle be fun?

Yikes - rouge? I can't stand to make another makeup joke.

Rogue. It's rogue.
    smeagolheartTeflon