Skip to content

Ability to Redeem from Steam or GoG...

PanthrosPanthros Member Posts: 15
edited April 2017 in Beamdog Client
I love the ability to use your client as I continue to play your games. I own them on Steam and have even bought them again on GoG as well as the iPad versions lol. It would be nice if there was a way to verify with Steam or Gog you purchased it so it unlocks on the new client. Perhaps then I could purchase Planescape through your web site if all of my other games are there. Just a thought...

Comments

• rede9rede9 Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 1,947
    edited April 2017
    Is it possible to receive a Steam key for the games (not Beamdog's one) I purchased on the OLD client, unavailable on the NEW one?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    Purchasers of the EEs from Beamdog can request a key for Steam from support. GOG is not currently an option.

https://www.beamdog.com/planescape_faq#03
    rede9 said:

Is it possible to receive a Steam key for the games (not Beamdog's one) I purchased on the OLD client, unavailable on the NEW one?

I'll return to you when I get an answer.
    edited April 2017

Purchasers of the EEs from Beamdog can request a key for Steam from support. GOG is not currently an option.

https://www.beamdog.com/planescape_faq#03

rede9 said:

I'll return to you when I get an answer.
    Thank you. But I'm contacting the support who is paid for that rather draining your precious time.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    Ok, here's the reply - Unfortunately no, that's something we can only do with Beamdog titles.
    Hence I'm burning the gamedir as you suggested. Thanks.
  • BrutaleBentBrutaleBent Member Posts: 36
    Sorry for the necro, but wanted to get this cleared out before I decide where I buy the BG trilogy from.

If I buy the BG series from Beamdog, I can play the games on the Beamdog Client, stand alone (load from exe without a client) and can get a key to activate the game on my Steam "for free" too?
    Yes (just download the games and run them from .exe) and Yes.
  • BrutaleBentBrutaleBent Member Posts: 36
    Very nice, thanks for the quick answer - Just bought the trilogy. ;)