Skip to content

Difficulty Setting? Which is core rules?

Hey guys,

Which of the difficult settings, specifically is core rules? Is it #3 or #4?

Thanks n all that.

Comments

• Xerxes1811Xerxes1811 Member Posts: 65
    I have the exact same question, want to play "Core Rules" also.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    If you're asking about the "core rules" difficulty setting from other EEs, there is no direct equivalent in PST:EE, due to Planescape handling difficulty in a completely different way from other games.

If you're asking about what Core rules are in BG:EE, - above Normal, with random HP rolls and 100% damage, then the closest equivalent in PST:EE would be to set the difficulty to 3 or 4, and make sure that "Max HP on Level up" is not turned on.
  • Xerxes1811Xerxes1811 Member Posts: 65
    Thanks Julius, gonna try setting to 4 and see how it goes.
  • 11302101130210 Member Posts: 381
    I never liked max hp at level-up anyway. 4 definitely seems a lot better than 3. I wasn't dying once on 3 at like 3rd level mage, walking around the Hive and getting jumped by thugs.
  • MeraMera Member Posts: 133
    I'm curious too, what the exact numbers are, behind those difficulties. I know PS:T is not a game about combat but still, I'd like not know.

Can we get a dev to look it up? I assume it's simple % based so it should be pretty easy :)
  • PugPugPugPug Member Posts: 560

If you're asking about the "core rules" difficulty setting from other EEs, there is no direct equivalent in PST:EE, due to Planescape handling difficulty in a completely different way from other games.

How does it handle difficulty? And is it one of the enhancements?
  • 11302101130210 Member Posts: 381
    Mera said:

I'm curious too, what the exact numbers are, behind those difficulties. I know PS:T is not a game about combat but still, I'd like not know.

Can we get a dev to look it up? I assume it's simple % based so it should be pretty easy :)

Still... the game is more combat oriented than Torment: Tides of Numenera, at least so far anyway...
  • MeraMera Member Posts: 133
    Oh, yeah, completely agree. That's why I think it makes sense to specify the numbers :)
    Fired up BGII: EE and the difficulty slider also has 5 levels.
    3 is core rules, 4 is +50% dmg and 5 is double the dmg. Would assume they kept the same for PS:T but would like confirmation anyway.