Skip to content

Romance Options

I already own the original edition and was thinking of getting the Baldur's Gate 2 enhanced edition. I've heard that new characters were added and can be recruited into your party, and that there is possible extra romance. I'd like to know what are the new options for a female player character, if any. Thanks to any that could help me out!

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited April 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • AttalusAttalus Member Posts: 156
    You leave out Neera: Female Wild Mage(Chaotic neutral)
    She'll only Romance males (not sure about alignment or race restrictions)
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    Anomen will romance female characters he is a level 7 fighter dualled into a cleric, and his cleric level starts at minimum level of 8
  • QuickbladeQuickblade Member Posts: 957
    Attalus said:

You leave out Neera: Female Wild Mage(Chaotic neutral)
    She'll only Romance males (not sure about alignment or race restrictions)

I was going to add that awhile back, but the OP did specify for a female PC.
  • SomeSortSomeSort Member Posts: 859

Rasaad: male monk (good)
    He'll romance only females. (Good-aligned?)

I'm not positive on this, but I believe Rasaad's romance is alignment-restricted in BG1 (good only), but not in BG2.
  • LughChulainnLughChulainn Member Posts: 14
    There are also NPC mods that work with Enhanced Edition if you want that as well.

There are also NPC mods that work with Enhanced Edition if you want that as well.

Link?

• LughChulainnLughChulainn Member Posts: 14
    edited April 2017
    Attalus said:

Link?

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/34882/list-of-bg2ee-compatible-mods/p1
    Post edited by LughChulainn on
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    Always seemed to me like female romance options were put on the back burner, originally. I am glad there are many modded options and BEAMDOG themselves at least added a few. Read, new stuff is usually nice.

Attalus said:

Link?

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/34882/list-of-bg2ee-compatible-mods/p1
    Thanks for that!

• NeverusedNeverused Member Posts: 803
    Technically Neera's possible too: I once had a lovetalk from her start after a Wild Surge from her changed either her sex or my CHARNAME'S sex (probably the latter) to male. I think. I remember being confused to heck and back how the romance got started before realizing that the Compatible check must've succeeded during the wild surge.
  • grillcheesekeldongrillcheesekeldon Member Posts: 2
    Thank you very much everyone for the replies! I hope it's okay asking a different question in the same thread, but does the graphics in the enhanced edition comes across as more "better" looking in comparison to the original classic version? And is it true that more locations are added where you can have fun exploring?
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    @grillcheesekeldon
    New NPC's bring new quest areas yes, for each one. The biggest thing with graphics that caught my eye was the use of color and 'glowing' effects in these new areas. It is amazing what a difference this makes esp. when added with some new background sounds in those same areas.