Skip to content

What mods would people want for this game?

Comments

• GuboGubo Member Posts: 75
    I'd like to seem new items. Ideally class specific weapons, jewelry/bracers, tattoos.
    I'll admit I like to power game and I kill abashai early on and having only the green steel knife that TNO can use to damage them until morte and dak'kon can have their weapons upgraded is sometimes boring especially if I am playing as a fighter.

I feel the thief would need the most focus as they seem to be the class with the short end of the stick.

Besides items, quests/new locations in Sigil as that area is my favorite. Curst never really captured me as the hive sections did and some of the lower&upper wards.
    Tremonton
  • cameosiscameosis Member Posts: 28
    moar npcs
  • DeltharisDeltharis Member Posts: 124
    Skipping the three-class mechanics - I never quite understood why I can't be all at once except for balance resons (and I laugh in the face of balance in this game).

NPCs, locations, quests.

A way to make the game think I have every companion I've recruited so I don't have to juggle them. Not really have in my party with portraits and inventory and stuff, just for conversation purposes (that one goes for other EE games as well though, so I suspect if it's not been done by now it's impossible).

• SoulReaverSoulReaver Member Posts: 33
    Already posted this in another thread, but I want to see Unfinished Business ported over, as well as the Save Nordom tweak.
    Montresor_SP
  • JayloJaylo Member Posts: 3
    I'd like to see the very good PC tSeries scripts made to work with the EE.
    I tried using them with the EE & the simple attack code that worked in the original PST just causes PC's to attack each other.

IF
    ActionListEmpty()
    See(NearestEnemyOf(Myself))
    THEN
    RESPONSE #100
    FloatMessage(Myself,14803) // "Meet their attack."
    Attack(LastSeenBy(Myself))
    END
  • jkhristianjkhristian Member Posts: 15
    edited April 2017
    I'd like to have more companions in the party. And I think the designers were purposely avoiding this, but, swords for the Nameless One and maces for Fall-from-Grace. More armor, armor, armor!
  • TremontonTremonton Member Posts: 16
    edited April 2017
    Since my own feeble efforts at this have failed, I'll bite: Custom faction armor/disguises that change TNO's animation to the appropriate faction (e.g. Dustmen, Godsmen, Mercykillers), without being tied to a hardcoded area restriction in order to equip them. If you can reflect the armor change on the paper doll screen a la the original Dustman/zombie disguises, even better.

Barring that, I'd just like it if someone could find the actual Dustman Robe area restriction in the game's .exe code and nix the sucker like Qwinn's tweak pack did for the original edition. I like being able to pop the disguise on and off at a whim rather than have to add or delete Override files every time.
    Montresor_SP
  • TheMetaphysicianTheMetaphysician Member Posts: 76
    To reiterate some ideas that others have said, I'd especially like four types of mods:

(1) Any mod that can increase the challenge of combat. It is hard to motivate myself to care about how to build the characters if combat isn't challenging enough.

(2) Portraits for everyone, including the nameless one and the NPCs in your party. Like smeagolheart's awesome mods for the other EE games.

(3) Banter accelerator.

(4) I remember hating all the running back and forth when I first played. Is there a quick-travel overland map now? If not, I'd really like one.
    Montresor_SP
  • Montresor_SPMontresor_SP Member Posts: 2,208
    1) Restoration of the Pendant of Yemeth and Candlestick quests.

2) Some sort of quest or at least closure to the tale of Princess Xixi.

3) Alternate ways of getting to Curst Underground and Prison, for example getting arrested by the guard captain for helping Lady Roberta get her husband killed. (In general, Curst could do with a bit of fleshing out. It seems almost like a place you're just passing through.)

4) New NPCs would be nice, but only if they come close to the existing NPCs when it comes to their personality, background, history with TNO, etc.
  • cmk24cmk24 Member Posts: 605
    I simple mod to increase the width of the dialog box, it is way to narrow when the font size is turned up higher than default.
  • TremontonTremonton Member Posts: 16

(4) I remember hating all the running back and forth when I first played. Is there a quick-travel overland map now? If not, I'd really like one.

On my last playthrough, once I was done with the Modron Maze, I popped open the Portal Lens in Near Infinity and just changed the dialogue tree so that the teleportation dialogue would pop up outside the maze instead of inside. It was as simple as cutting an exclamation mark from the front of one dialogue tree condition and adding it to the other. Basically the game checks to see if you're in the Modron Maze when you use the lens, and if you are, the teleport dialogue comes up; if you're not, the lens is dark and inert. By switching the exclamation marks around, you reverse that check and can teleport to your heart's content within Sigil.

And speaking of running everywhere, would there be any way to do a Fallout-style "single click to walk, double click to run" function? I think that'd be more convenient than hitting Shift for those of us who don't like leaving "Always Run" on.
  • kissggkissgg Member Posts: 9
    Guys, the "portraits for everyone" mod already exist for PST:EE, here: [MOD] Journal Portrait Conversations for PSTEE.

I also would like to see a Banter accelerator.

About Unfinished Business: I have not been a great fan of the content in that pack (e.g. Candlestick/Pendant of Yemeth did not add anything to the story), so I mostly agree with the decision that it was not included in the release. Nevertheless, many people liked it, so I guess it should be re-implemented as a mod.
    The only thing that is very lacking for me from UB is the Xaositect Rat Charm (the faction-only item you get if you join the Chaosmen). I simply don't understand why it is not part of the base game.
  • QueegonQueegon Member Posts: 363
    Make an optional toggle where you see every dialogue response's alignment shift.

e.g.

1. ............. [Chaotic]
    2. ............. [Chaotic] [Evil]
    3. ............. [Lawful]
    4. ............. [Evil]
    5. Greetings and farewell.
    NicolBluetooth
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Queegon said:

Make an optional toggle where you see every dialogue response's alignment shift.

e.g.

1. ............. [Chaotic]
    2. ............. [Chaotic] [Evil]
    3. ............. [Lawful]
    4. ............. [Evil]
    5. Greetings and farewell.

Not sure that is something you could make a toggle for (at least not in the UI). Someone with the time on their hands however could make a mod that shows it.
    NicolBluetooth
    Hmmm I think some romance mods for Annah and/or Fall-From-Grace would be neat.
  • WarChiefZekeWarChiefZeke Member Posts: 2,651
    All of the factions and their philosophies of the multiverse should be explored. This is Planescape, philosophers with clubs, after all.
    Aquadrizzt
    I would assume this isn't possible but obtaining more than 2 specializations. I almost always do 7 & 12 as mage but once I hit 12th level mage and I level up in fighter or theif and get to level 'x' (say 17 or something) in fighter or thief (let's say fighter) that I could get the first specialization of fighter that I normally would get if I leveled to 7 as fighter first.

I think it would be interesting with AI combat mods and possibly new quests/location mods which I already mentioned above.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited April 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,431
    I don't think this will work. According to the devs .pstoverride, .bg2override and so on appear to be simply extracted into the game's override folder with no way to uninstall them (except by reinstalling the game). I don't know much about the iOS folder structure. However, the desktop versions of the games support the following DLC folders:
    home:/*.zip
    install:/*.zip
    install:/dlc/*.zip
    install:/workshop/*.mod

where "install:" is the game's installation folder and "home:" is the game's documents folder (where you can find the baldur.lua). If one of them is accessible you could try to place DLC archives there.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    edited April 2017
    kissgg said:

About Unfinished Business: I have not been a great fan of the content in that pack (e.g. Candlestick/Pendant of Yemeth did not add anything to the story), so I mostly agree with the decision that it was not included in the release. Nevertheless, many people liked it, so I guess it should be re-implemented as a mod.

The thing is, it did way more than that.

- It significantly expanded Deionarra's story by letting you talk with her father
    - It let you do additional research with Able Ponder-Thought
    - Restores some removed dialogue from Morte in the mortuary (this one is bad, as it creates a lot of duplicate dialogue later)
    - Adds more citizens to Curst
    - Adds more characters to the Curst prison area
    - Add banter between Morte and Ingress' Teeth
    - Makes the Alley of Dangerous Angles thugs more interesting
    - Adds more dialogue to Mebbeth
    - Restores removed Bestiary entries
    - Adds various interesting items
    - Adds some other minor quests and characters

It's actually a lot of additional content and almost all of it is good and in-line with the original writing/story style. I can't imagine playing without it nowadays. You can see the full list of what it does here: http://readme.spellholdstudios.net/PSTUB_Readme.html#components

Similarly, the tweaks mod:
    - Increase the frequency of companion banter
    - Let you wear Dustman robes outside the mortuary
    - Displayed your Thac0
    - Gave you chance to meet Vhailor with a full party without having to permanently lose anyone (using the 'save Nordom' tweak)
    - Stack certain items like rings (I didn't use this one because it affected game balance but I can see the attraction)

Plus other stuff I didn't use.

These mods definitely need porting over. I hope someone else can reverse-engineer it from the old mods if Qwinn doesn't do it himself.
    Post edited by SoulReaver on
    NicolBluetooth
  • GawainBSGawainBS Member Posts: 523

Ooh! Here's an idea which I rejected for BGEE because it mostly benefits dual-classes which are already cheesy... but it would be *perfect* for TNO in PS:T -

"Replace thac0 with BAB"

Make thac0 increases indelible bonuses, rather than a number you can eventually catch up to in the weaker class. So for the typical player who goes to level 6 in fighter and then switches to mage, those first five thac0 bonuses will stay with you.

Of course, that mostly benefits the "standard" - and thus kind of boring - way to play the game. The game clearly needs ways to make fighter runs and thief runs more interesting as well... I wonder if my rogue feats could be adapted to PS:T? A few combat bonuses, some thief abilities, some low-level illusion magic and shadow magic... could probably even adapt some of my revised bard auras.

Or, alternatively, map my limited psionics system and the Psypher kit onto the PS:T thief class. So you get thief abilities plus psionics...

Not sure what to do to make fighters more interesting... could do some basic fighter feats, or could do some interesting things with weapon proficiencies that only work if you're a fighter.

Lots of possibilities...

I like that THAC0 idea. Wasn't thathow it was originally? Or was it how the extra APR stuck with you?
  • fkirenicusfkirenicus Member Posts: 331

Ooh! Here's an idea which I rejected for BGEE because it mostly benefits dual-classes which are already cheesy... but it would be *perfect* for TNO in PS:T -

"Replace thac0 with BAB"

Make thac0 increases indelible bonuses, rather than a number you can eventually catch up to in the weaker class. So for the typical player who goes to level 6 in fighter and then switches to mage, those first five thac0 bonuses will stay with you.

Of course, that mostly benefits the "standard" - and thus kind of boring - way to play the game. The game clearly needs ways to make fighter runs and thief runs more interesting as well... I wonder if my rogue feats could be adapted to PS:T? A few combat bonuses, some thief abilities, some low-level illusion magic and shadow magic... could probably even adapt some of my revised bard auras.

Or, alternatively, map my limited psionics system and the Psypher kit onto the PS:T thief class. So you get thief abilities plus psionics...

Not sure what to do to make fighters more interesting... could do some basic fighter feats, or could do some interesting things with weapon proficiencies that only work if you're a fighter.

Lots of possibilities...

You are referring to D&D 3.0 and later rules.
    PS:T was built upon AD&D 2nd Edition rules, which was a completely different game altogether.
    But I guess someone with LOTS of time and special interest could do it... Either that, or recreate the game using the NWN/NWN2 toolset (that's probably easier).
  • NicolBluetoothNicolBluetooth Member Posts: 48
    I want a 7-member party mod, an expanded inventory slots mod, and a EE port of Unfinished Business.
    Allowing tattoos to be equippable to the chest slot since nothing is used there besides dustman's robes.

Perhaps another mod: Make an item that you equip to chest slot be the zombie disguise. I am pretty sure someone else before now mentioned this already. Probably about the tattooed chest too.
    [Deleted User]Kamigoroshi
    A mod to explain where the hell Morte keeps his inventory. Is it inside his skull cavity?
    Montresor_SP
  • thatsciencegeekthatsciencegeek Member Posts: 4
    Early Glabrezu spawn tweak, please! See request here.
    lujo