Skip to content

Solved! How to change a creature's name in WEIDU (Change "Hexxat" to "Clara")- Hexxat Spoilers

BCaesarBCaesar Member Posts: 453
edited May 2017 in General Modding
Hello all,
So while making our Mazzy mod we ran into Hexxat. Mazzy hates Hexxat so when she sees Hexxat kill Human Hexxat (Clara) she wants to kill Hexxat and get Clara raised again. The PC can choose who he's going to side with, but if he picks Mazzy and Hexxat dies (maybe with some extra dialogues to stake her in her coffin in her little bag) then human Hexxat (Clara) rejoins your party.

Except that I don't want the old file for her (OHHFAK) to rejoin your party, I want a new creature named "Clara" to rejoin your party dead because I don't want all the old sound files, interjections, etc. attached. The easiest way to create Clara was to take a Human Hexxat file (OHHFAK.cre) and copy it and then edit it, and then add new dialogue and script files. I know how to create the files (and there's plenty of guides) and editing everything is easy in Near Infinity except for the name (it looks like I can even make her start dead). The creature's name (Hexxat) is a string reference: String 84186. How do I change it to Clara?

Thanks
Post edited by BCaesar on

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    you will have to make a new string reference in the dialogue.tlk file and change it to that
  • BCaesarBCaesar Member Posts: 453
    sarevok57 said:

you will have to make a new string reference in the dialogue.tlk file and change it to that

Yeah, I'm not messing with dialogue.tlk. I'm assuming there's a way to do it in WEIDU. There must be a change creature name option.
  • kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
    BCaesar said:

Yeah, I'm not messing with dialogue.tlk. I'm assuming there's a way to do it in WEIDU. There must be a change creature name option.

Weidu has commands to do it for you, but you won't get text into the game without adding it to dialog.tlk.
    COPY ~OHHFAKc.cre~ override
    	SAY 0x8	@1234	//	tra reference (name)
    	SAY 0xc	@5678	//	tra reference (tooltip)
  • BCaesarBCaesar Member Posts: 453
    edited April 2017
    kjeron said:

BCaesar said:

Weidu has commands to do it for you, but you won't get text into the game without adding it to dialog.tlk.
    COPY ~OHHFAKc.cre~ override
    	SAY 0x8	@1234	//	tra reference (name)
    	SAY 0xc	@5678	//	tra reference (tooltip)
    Thanks! That's fine, I don't care if WEIDU messes with dialog.tlk, I just meant I wasn't going to open it up using Near Infinity and start messing. So I can just make those edits to _bClara.cre

I just saw this in the Sirene mod which seems like it should work too as a way to edit anything that's a string reference through WEIDU. It's in the tp2 file for the mod.

COPY ~Sirene_BG2/creatures/C0Sire2.cre~ ~override/C0Sire2.cre~ SAY NAME1 ~Sirene~ SAY NAME2 ~Sirene~ SAY BIO ~When asked about her past, SIRENE averts her gaze and flatly states that there is little to say. She was orphaned and left to die as a babe, likely abandoned due to her apparent fiendish heritage. Only by luck did she survive having by being discovered by a travelling priest of Ilmater, who brought her to others of his faith and raised her as a Holy Warrior of Suffering, the order of paladins dedicated to the Crying God. She resents her own contradictory nature, though she is unsure of which side.~ SAY MORALE ~I'll not die this day!~ [C0SIR001] SAY HAPPY ~You are... an inspiration to me.~ SAY UNHAPPY_ANNOYED ~I do not approve of the path you're taking us.~ SAY UNHAPPY_SERIOUS ~My mercy and patience are running thin.~ SAY UNHAPPY_BREAKING_POINT ~I'll not be a martyr to your evil cause.~ SAY LEADER ~I shall lead the way.~ [C0SIR002] SAY TIRED ~We really should stop and rest for a while.~ [C0SIR003] SAY BORED ~Let us not waste time.~ [C0SIR004] SAY BATTLE_CRY1 ~Attack!~ [C0SIR005] SAY BATTLE_CRY2 ~Make peace with your gods!~ [C0SIR006] SAY BATTLE_CRY3 ~To battle!~ [C0SIR007] SAY BATTLE_CRY4 ~Now you shall pay!~ [C0SIR008] SAY BATTLE_CRY5 ~Face Ilmater's justice!~ SAY DAMAGE ~Uhh!~ [C0SIR009] SAY DYING ~Auh...~ [C0SIR010] SAY HURT ~These wounds are deep...~ [C0SIR011] SAY AREA_FOREST ~The forest is so beautiful, and I truly appreciate the calm.~ SAY AREA_CITY ~The city is a haven of suffering...~ SAY AREA_DUNGEON ~There is evil amongst the darkness, my friend. Stay alert.~ SAY AREA_DAY ~It's a beautiful day.~ SAY AREA_NIGHT ~The dark will not hide our enemies.~ SAY SELECT_COMMON1 ~I am here.~ [C0SIR012] SAY SELECT_COMMON2 ~How can I help?~ [C0SIR013] SAY SELECT_COMMON3 ~Ready and willing.~ [C0SIR014] SAY SELECT_COMMON4 ~You have need of me?~ [C0SIR015] SAY SELECT_COMMON5 ~I am by your side.~ [C0SIR016] SAY SELECT_COMMON6 ~Yes?~ [C0SIR017] SAY SELECT_ACTION1 ~Certainly.~ [C0SIR018] SAY SELECT_ACTION2 ~Very well.~ [C0SIR019] SAY SELECT_ACTION3 ~As you wish.~ [C0SIR020] SAY SELECT_ACTION4 ~Indeed.~ [C0SIR021] SAY SELECT_ACTION5 ~No small task.~ [C0SIR022] SAY SELECT_ACTION6 ~Done.~ [C0SIR023] SAY SELECT_ACTION7 ~I see.~ [C0SIR024] SAY SELECT_RARE1 ~~ SAY SELECT_RARE2 ~I hope you are enjoying yourself.~ [C0SIR025] SAY CRITICAL_HIT ~Your judgment is at hand!~[C0SIR026] SAY CRITICAL_MISS ~Ugh!~ [C0SIR027] SAY TARGET_IMMUNE ~What? That can't be!~ SAY INVENTORY_FULL ~I dropped that, 'twas too much of a burden.~ SAY SPELL_DISRUPTED ~Ilmater forgive me...~ SAY SET_A_TRAP ~~ [] SAY HIDDEN_IN_SHADOWS ~~ [] SAY PICKED_POCKET ~~ [] WRITE_ASCII 0x248 ~C0Sire2~ #8 WRITE_ASCII 0x2cc ~C0Sire2~ #8 WRITE_ASCII 0x280 ~C0Sirene~ #32 WRITE_ASCII 0x34 ~SireneM~ #8 WRITE_ASCII 0x3c ~SireneL~ #8 WRITE_SHORT 0x246 0x4000 + ~%C0ILM%~
  • GrimLefourbeGrimLefourbe Member Posts: 637
    I think what you're going to do is create a new Entry for "Clara" in dialog.tlk and have your cre file reference that new entry. That's what the weidu command "SAY NAME1 ~Clara~" does, it changes the NAME1 field of the .cre to a newly created entry which contains "Clara". Someone corrects me if i'm wrong.
    If I understand correctly, NAME1 is equivalent to 0x8 and NAME2 is equivalent to 0xc so it doesn't matter which one you use.
    If your mod is tra-ified. You'll use @ref instead of ~Clara~ with ~Clara~ being the @ref entry in your tra file.

I think the NAME1/NAME2 fields in your .cre can be anything since they'll be overwritten by the weidu instructions anyway.