Skip to content

Tresset's blind run of PST:EE (ABSOLUTELY NO SPOILERS ALLOWED (except coming from me, that is)!)

Comments

• GallengerGallenger Member Posts: 400
    They just don't serve rat in video games like they used to :( Good reading so far :D

JuliusBorisov
  • CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819
    @Tresset don't want to spoil anything but:

There's more to this mysterious box that meets the eye. I'd carry it with you more if I were you.
    Montresor_SPTressetCrevsDaak
  • VokasakVokasak Member Posts: 2
    Spoiler, providing a little bit of a sense of direction vis a vis your goals of becoming a mage:
    Check out Ragpicker Square, northwest of the northwest section of the hive

Why I'm saying spoiling this for you (which is in itself a spoiler for game mechanics):
    You can switch fairly painlessly between fighter, thief, and mage once you've unlocked a class once and know who to talk to, but xp is counted separately for each class. If you complete a bunch of quests early on before you've switched off of fighter, that's xp that's forever lost to your mage progression. So the faster you get into your intended class, the more powerful you'll be, especially true for mages
    TressetAndreaColombo
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    edited April 2017
    @Cahir huh... Is that so? Well I saved just before opening it... I think I will load that save then and perhaps hang onto the dumb box for longer. Why not?

Went back to Fell, kinda by accident actually because I forgot where I was going... I meant to go to the Smoldering Corpse. In any case I found out that Fell had some new Tattoos based on my accomplishments so far. Interesting! I will have to check him more often! Went to the Smoldering Corpse Bar and because I finally had some jink and decided it was time to do some spending. First I convinced Mochai to pay her tab... by giving her the jink to do it... and then I bought my eyeball back. Got a few memories of the planes restored and gained a proficiency.

At this point I saw @Vokasak's post and decided to chance a look at the spoilers... The info about the XP thing was as I had expected, and feared (which is why I was not hissing at abishai left and right)... Though I don't want to encourage spoilers here, I was strongly considering asking for some hint or direction towards becoming a mage, so no harm done. I will try to poke about at Ragpicker forthwith!
    PibaroJuliusBorisov
  • PibaroPibaro Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,989
    Your blind game is..... blind even for us readers.
    I know what I'll do in any situation, but I don't know what you will do, and that's funny even when you decided not to get Dak'kon and I wanted to shout "You fool!!! Get him and talk to him!!!"
    But you asked for no spoiler so I had to shout it veeery quietly :D
    CrevsDaakMontresor_SPJuliusBorisovTresset
    Well, I didn't miss out for very long by not taking Dak'kon, at least I don't think so. I went to him almost immediately after becoming a mage. In any case, I don't think I really need him much, but I decided to let him stay for now anyway.
    CrevsDaakPibaroJuliusBorisov
    Started by leveling up my two characters. Dak'kon gained a fighter level and became more proficient with his sword. For Nameless I put the point into charisma giving him 19 charisma. (I made a mistake earlier when I summarized his current stats. I said he had 19 cha when he really had only 18.) I was advised by @CrevsDaak that the Missile of Patience spell gets more useful with levels, so I decided to test it out and now it does around 13 damage instead of 1. I think I still prefer Reign of Anger for now though... Spent quite a bit of time fighting thugs and hissing at abishai... this gained my team a few levels. During this period, though, I stumbled upon Nodd's sister, Amarysse! I knew I had seen that name before! I told her about Nodd and she gave me 100 coins to deliver to him. I brought word to Nodd and delivered the 100 jink as promised and he was quite happy. Kept running around collecting loot from thugs and abishai until I got back up to about 2000 jink from selling jewelry.

Decided it was time to try out the Alley of Dangerous Angles. Paid some jink to wander around and I spoke to Aola and decided to find out what would happen if I became a follower of his... Well, I got to meet the Lady... and she put me in a maze. Found a craftily concealed journal written by a crazier version of me and it must be a clue... Ahh... It appears that when I go through an archway it teleports me to the opposite side of the maze and it leaves a shimmering portal in the arch I entered... Perhaps if I go back to that arch... On my way there a shadow spawned from somewhere... Not sure where it came from, but it is in a part of the maze where it cannot reach me... Returning to the portal again didn't get me out, but it did put me in the shadow's path. I stunned it with the negative token and killed it with my dagger. Since I could not return to the portal from here I had to go through another arch... Interesting! After killing the shadow I picked a different arch to go through and return to and this seems to have led me to an exit! Perhaps killing the shadow was the key? No matter... Back outside I had to pay the thugs *yet again* for passage and I entered a building where some mages were walking in circles... A guy named Rauk asked me for some rings (which I had already found earlier) so I gave them to him and... They summoned a lim-lim... And it killed them... Uh... Ok... Whatever... At least I got some nice loot! Next I spoke to an odd man named Blackrose who seems to want to test me by having me slay one of the gang leaders depending on my choice of alignment. I guess I will agree to kill the bad guy... May as well talk to Krystall too so I can get free passage through here. Ok... So Krystall now wants Blackrose dead and Blackrose now wants Krystall dead. I think I will side with Krystall on this one... Blackrose seems a bit crazy. After killing Blackrose I got a hefty sum of jink from Krystall as a reward! Cool! Went back to the market area to sell stuff too and now I have about 4500 jink! After running around a bit more Nameless got a level and I decided to quit at this point. Will level him to 9 next time. By the way, the hammer I got in the Lady's maze seems really good, now if only I had someone who could use it...
    CrevsDaakPibaroJuliusBorisov
    With Nameless's level up I put another point into wisdom. (Does increasing my intelligence further actually do anything at this point?) Headed back to Fell and spent some time experimenting with combos of Tattoos I could afford. I found that I could afford some really nice ones for Dak'kon and myself for the price of all my jink (would only have 6 jink left if I bought what I wanted). I am for sure going to get the Tattoo of the Art, but there are some others that tempt me as well... Greater Might, Greater Warding, and Accuracy would look very good on Dak'kon. A regular Warding or two would look nice on Nameless. Bloodletting may be decent. I purchased only the Tattoo of the Art, but I was curious as to whether Fell would make a special tattoo for fighters if I switched back... He didn't, but I learned that by speaking with Prophiron I was able to train in a weapon and use the unused proficiency points I had accumulated! He could only teach me so much though... I need to locate a master of some sort... For now I will train with him to be ++ in daggers and switch back to a mage with Dak'kon's help until I find a master. After this... well... I probably went way overboard with thugs and hissing... Gathered enough loot to pay for the Tattoo of the Art that I had just bought from Fell, and my partners gained a few levels... enough so that both their signature weapons became +2... I think I have seen all there is to see of the hive for now. I think my next move will be to advance the plot and pay Pharod a visit.
    PibaroCrevsDaakJuliusBorisov
  • QueegonQueegon Member Posts: 363
    Tresset said:

(Does increasing my intelligence further actually do anything at this point?

Nope

PibaroTressetCrevsDaakJuliusBorisov
    Tresset said:

I spoke to Aola and decided to find out what would happen if I became a follower of his... Well, I got to meet the Lady... and she put me in a maze.

Wow!!!
    Thanks to you, I found out a new way (and probably the easiest way) to get to the player's maze!!!
    TressetCrevsDaakJuliusBorisov
  • ElysianEchoesElysianEchoes Member Posts: 475
    You figured that maze out so quickly? I spent hours lol. On the upside, got lots of xp...
    PibaroCrevsDaakJuliusBorisov
    After a while of killing the ghouls, I found something that definitely got my attention: Force Missiles, a level 4 mage spell. I decided that this would be about as good as it got considering I had no level 4 spells before this point. I know Mebbeth sells a Remove Curse scroll, but that is a spell with very limited use...
    mlneveseJuliusBorisovCrevsDaak
  • LorandarLorandar Member Posts: 33
    Interesting to read, and I'm even learning some new things occasionally. Such as the random loot! Thanks!
    JuliusBorisovCrevsDaak
    Having a friend visit for a couple of days, so my activity may be reduced for now. While demonstrating the game to him I hissed at enough abishai for Nameless to reach level 10. I am thinking I may start to build up his constitution to increase regeneration rate now. It is either that, or wisdom. We shall see...
    PibaroMontresor_SPCrevsDaakmlnevese
    I entered the Silent Nations and was taken prisoner. I spoke to Soego who had little to say. Next I spoke to Hargrimm who had much to say. Seems there is some tension between the ghouls and the rest of the undead. He doesn't particularly like Soego either. The skeletons seem to be filing into the chapel here for services or something. I found a skeleton merchant that sold me a scroll of Elysium's Tears. Looks like a nice spell... There were several other Skeletons too: A riddling skeleton which had nothing to say to me, and a puzzled skeleton who was puzzling over a riddle. I assume these two know each other. I was able to solve the puzzled skeleton's riddle for him and he seemed to enjoy it. The riddling skeleton did not enjoy this resolution however.

Moving on it seems I found a female undead that Morte actually doesn't care for... Ghouls! Interesting... I cannot seem to understand zombies when they talk... Hmm I wonder if I need a translator or something... Found a doubtful skeleton to whom I suggested to keep living. Not much happened. I found the ghoul that has Uhir's lucky knife, but it wants food in exchange... Oh boy... Returning to tell Soego about the doubtful skeleton he left and I was able to peek at his possessions... He is a spy for the rats!!! Perhaps I can use this to my advantage... As I left it seemed like skeletal services had ended and everyone was going back to work. I followed Soego to the doubting skeleton and nothing really happened. I feel like that was just a way to get him out of the room. Stopping for now.
    mlneveseCrevsDaakPibaroJuliusBorisov
    Continuing, I spoke to Stale Mary and she told me a few interesting things... First she taught me how to speak to the dead, a skill that should come in handy... Then she told me of a secret portal to the Silent King's throne room. After this I spoke to the nameless zombie and agreed to find her name for her (if I can ever get out of here). At this point my friend wanted to watch a movie so I had to stop.
    mlneveseCrevsDaakPibaroJuliusBorisov
    King Tresset rules!!!
    TressetCrevsDaak
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    edited April 2017
    I'm finished! (with the proper ending I might add after reading @Tresset's post above)
    w...wait.... That's it? The end of your narrative? What...will I read...when I'm bored at work!?!? THINK ABOUT US
    PibaroMontresor_SPTressetCrevsDaak
    I hate you so much.

But I'm glad it continues!
    TressetCrevsDaakMontresor_SP