Skip to content

Cannot initiate dialogue with Neera (...may be not a bug but silly question, please help)

KrajzenKrajzen Member Posts: 4
Hi. I have recently bough BG:EE (...steam edition) and I have weird 'problem' - I am not sure if it is a bug or not, lol.

Basically, I have a mod "BG1NPC project" which enhanced dialogue with all party members. It does not cover EE characters. I also have mods "Neera Expansion" and "Neera Banters" on top of that. So when I have encountered Neera and after saving her I cannot dialogue with her (clicking "speak with" on her does nothing) I panicked. Then I reminded myself that I have played BG1 very long time ago for the first time, and I am not sure if in BG1 I am supposed to be able to initiate any dialogue with party members at all.

So, I don't know if I have anything to worry about.
Tl;dr
Is it normally possible to initiate dialogue with BG1 companions (especially Neera)?

Sorry for such silly question, I just wanna romance her so I care :p

Comments

• UnderstandMouseMagicUnderstandMouseMagic Member Posts: 2,147
    I think it's the NPC Project that allows the "force talk" or "initiate conversation".
    So if it doesn't cover the EE npc's then that won't be an option.

I'm playing BG2 with a romance mod and that allows me to "initiate dialog" but only with the romance NPC so thinking BG works the same way.
    Mods allow it, content doesn't.
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    BG1NPC adds PIDs (Player Initiated Dialogues), but only for the original BG1 NPCs. The Neera Expansion adds "flirts" as PIDs, if you are romancing Neera.
  • GallengerGallenger Member Posts: 400
    edited April 2017
    Normally, when you first rescue her, she'll pause for a time, and then some sort of, I assume, script will trigger and she'll initiate her joining dialogue.

Normally, without mods that is, if you force talk a companion the game will just ignore it - since there was nothing to see in stock bg1.