Skip to content

How hard would it be to have a true xp mod?

ArthasArthas Member Posts: 1,091
After completing quests, each party member receives a certain amount of xp.

Take for example the starting dungeon in bg2. After you are out, there is a cutscene then the game will give a fixed amount of xp to each party member. But if you are alone, or have a party of fewer than 6 you are going to lose (amount of xp * every party slot free)

How hard would it be to make the pool be fixed but distributed amongst these that are inside the party, when you complete quests?

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    if you mean, making it so you just get the XP in bulk ( so instead of 25000 xp per character, you would just receive 150000) then that would be a huge under taking

there are 2 ways on how the game gives you quest XP; either a dialogue trigger or a script trigger, so to change the amount of XP per character to just a set amount you would have to change EVERY single xp trigger/script to do so and in SoA there are A LOT of them

coincidently im one of those people who actually like this system of xp sharing, it really helps balance out the game so if you have a smaller party ( or just a single character) you wont hit god like levels too quickly

and even with smaller parties, you will still be a bit higher in level because of spell scribing and the XP from monsters is much higher in bg2 than it is in bg1

but, if you want it like it was in bg1 where the XP is given in bulk, than that will be a big undertaking because bg2/ToB has lots of scripts/dialogues where xp is granted per character
  • AmmarAmmar Member Posts: 1,295
    I do not think it would be that hard to do. You just need to loop over the relevant files and use something like a regex to pattern match and replace the relevant commands. Doing it by hand would be a lot of work.

I do think this would make the game worse, but to each his/her own?
  • Mantis37Mantis37 Member Posts: 1,173
    edited April 2017
    I have a feeling that I've seen a similar tweak called Party XP in EET Tweaks.
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    I personally think this would be awesome. The whole fun of soloing is that you get to be really high level really early without unbalancing the game.
  • ArthasArthas Member Posts: 1,091
    Party XP for quests distributed individually turned out to be the feature I was looking for. Wondering if there is something similar for non ee users?