Skip to content

Goodbye, AlexT!

All Hail Alex Tomovic! Our Dear Beamdog Dev and a Spellhold Deviant!

Both as a modder and as a Beamdog betatester I would like to thank @AlexT for everything he has done. Firstly, even before becoming a Beamdog dev, he supported games with his projects. Do you remember Rogue Rebalancing? Yes, that's his work! The mod hit over 300 000 downloads some time ago! Maybe you played his aTweaks? Well, that mod got downloaded 245 000+ times. You may also heard about his Wizard Slayer Rebalancing. As a Beamdog developer he led Project P (now known as Planescape: Torment Enhanced Edition), Siege of Dragonspear and Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition.

As Alex is leaving Beamdog, I would like to thank him for everything he did for those games. Thanks to people like him, people may experience IE games on a brand new level. He made those games better - both as a developer and as a modder. I wanted to write all of this because we're both from Spellhold Studios - an IE modding community site many of you know. I thought I should thank Alex both as a IE games fan AND as a modder, and wish him all the best. I hope that wherever you go, wherever you're going to work now, you will experience excitement, fun, satisfaction and happiness. You deserve all of that.

I hope you will still visit us from time to time. Perhaps there will be a day when you'll check Beamdog Forums and Spellhold Studios boards to catch up and you will see us there, still releasing new projects, discussing new matters, and I hope you will remember that you were always a part of this community. You will always be part of it.

Thank you for all your hard work, Alex!

Lava Del'Vortel

Comments

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Why does Beamdog keep losing people with every game release?
  • bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    it's normal.

congrats on the new job AlexT, tx for everything you'v done
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    Congrats and thank you AlexT, I'd be interested to know what you get up to next. As a long time contributor to these games, I'd be interested in knowing what you get up to next.
  • ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    Aw :cry:
    I am sorry to see you go, working for you on the PST:EE beta was fun.
    Please don't be a stranger!
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    Have a farewell :cookie:, Alex. We hope to see you again!
  • Mantis37Mantis37 Member Posts: 1,174
    Thank you for your work, and your role in the modding community.