Skip to content

Most epic Nameless Mage - powergaming guide (spoilers ofc)

13»

Comments

• karl_maulderkarl_maulder Member Posts: 133
    edited April 2017
    @Queegon you're right. After level 9 you only get 3 hp each level. However TNO still recieves CON bonus to HP each level, meaning with a con at 24, you get 3+7 HP each level, where as Morte only gets 3 HP each level, which is flawed. Is it itended this way, or is it a bug?

Also, when i used the console command after changing class to thief and going from level 7 thief (60000 XP) to setting XP at 1 million, i only recieved a total of 43! thief points. I then changed the XP to 2 million, and got a total of 30(!) thief points at level up. However, after trying to set the XP at the exact number of each next level, i recieved the right amount of XP. It doesn't however explain why i got less then 20 thief points on level up with Annah without debug mode 1, on my current playthrough.
  • ElysianEchoesElysianEchoes Member Posts: 475
    I wonder if the game just doesn't handle multiple simultaneous level ups very well.
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,524
    It's been a while since I pulled the stunt, but IIRC ToB had similar issues too with regards to HLAs (if you gained many levels at once, you could still select each HLA only once; if you gained more levels than there were HLAs to select, the extra HLA points you couldn't use would be forever lost.)

So yeah, definitely possible that the engine doesn't like multiple simultaneous level-ups. Then again it was never intended for players to gain multiple levels at once during normal gameplay.
  • QueegonQueegon Member Posts: 363
    Thieves also get only as many points as to get to 100% of their respective thieving skills including bonuses from DEX. That might be at least a part of your problem.
  • AranthysAranthys Member Posts: 722
    This is pretty strange and a pretty big change from Vanilla Bahavior if TNO does not gain full dice HP after level 10.
    Not that's its really relevant, TNO becomes a monster of a character regardless of its HP pool.
  • QueegonQueegon Member Posts: 363
    Aranthys said:

This is pretty strange and a pretty big change from Vanilla Bahavior if TNO does not gain full dice HP after level 10.
    Not that's its really relevant, TNO becomes a monster of a character regardless of its HP pool.

Big change? Sure. With a noble goal of balancing him? Absolutely. Plus in vanilla, I think he was getting d10 regardless of class too. I find these changed well deserved.
    Pibaro
  • AbelAbel Member Posts: 785
    edited May 2017
    I just finished the game and I now have a few more thoughts to share.
    Since pictures speak louder than words (taken before the final encounter):

With this you can guess the total amount of experience you should get in a complete game. There's more or less 2M XP earned by grinding.

As you can see, there were plenty enough levels to raise all Statistics. As a matter of fact, there's a huge increase in the XP volume by the last third portion of the game. So I didn't even need to use the Ancient Scroll to raise an Attribute. I just got the Ring of Thex instead.
    As explained in my previous post, the best order to raise stats once Intelligence and Charisma reach 16 is Strength > Dexterity > Constitution.
    I couldn't benefit from Vhailor's Statistics increase (you need to be a Fighter when you meet him) so I would raise first Strength to 24 instead of 21.

As I suspected, focusing on melee skills is by far the most effective choice. It's essential in the beginning when you don't have good or numerous enough spells. It becomes even better later on when you get great weapons and spells like Zerthimon's Focus and Enoll Eva's Duplication.

Now, here's the list of the best spells for that build:
    LVL NAME                    COMMENT
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    1 Submerge the Will Best magical Armor
    2 Blur AC
    2 Greater Embalming AC & HP
    2 Luck Higher rolls; stacks
    3 Vampiric Touch HP
    3 Zerthimon's Focus More crits; stacks
    5 Cloudkill Instantly kills many creatures
    5 Enoll Eva's Duplication +1 APR & Improved Invisibility
    7 Blade Storm Best AoE damage per level
    7 Guardian Mantle Winning cheese
    With enough Zerthimon's Focus each attack can potentially become a critical hit which makes it shamefully easy to one-hit kill most foes and slay bosses in a few rounds.
    AndreaColomboJuliusBorisov