Skip to content

Wish list; what should Beamdogs next project be?

2»

Comments

• KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Sikorsky said:

Talking about steampunk, did you know that CD Projekt, creators of Witcher trilogy, are already working on RPG Cyberpunk 2077 https://youtube.com/watch?v=P99qJGrPNLs

It's my native company, so I had to commend

While I'm also looking forward its release, that's a pure cyberpunk game without an ounce of steampunk... luckily there's also Frostpunk on the horizon for 2017. Not an RPG per say, but having a frozen steampunk world on the brinks of death is a rather cool setting indeed.

https://youtu.be/6saqbmVT9qk
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985
    I think the next game should be Railroad Typhoon: try to get a line built through central Indiana and a steam train run through it before the rains turn the state into the sixth Great Lake.
  • MoribunnyMoribunny Member Posts: 21
    I was in love with Arcanum for a while, but the issues eventually wore me out. The character system had a spark, but I seem to recall it was even less balanced than BG's, and I also remember that at some point there was an easy way to skip a chunk of the plot and basically fast-forward the endgame (but I don't remember what it was exactly) - those were the things that killed replayability for me. If they make an EE they'd have to fix them.
  • OlteronOlteron Member Posts: 67
    I just want a new game with infinite engine. And I want red wizard kit dangit!
  • DrakeICNDrakeICN Member Posts: 623
    Moribunny said:

I was in love with Arcanum for a while, but the issues eventually wore me out. The character system had a spark, but I seem to recall it was even less balanced than BG's, and I also remember that at some point there was an easy way to skip a chunk of the plot and basically fast-forward the endgame (but I don't remember what it was exactly) - those were the things that killed replayability for me. If they make an EE they'd have to fix them.

Exactly! That is why Arcanum NEEDS MUST HAVE an EE. It's such a great game, but marred by loose ends, very little midgame to endgame content, unbalanced characters and broken combat system. I just so happen thinks beamdog is up to the task, seeing what they did with the BG saga, and IWD. (And planescape Torment also, I suppose, but I have played that game so much in my days I havent bought the EE for it, so I cannot say.)
  • batoorbatoor Member Posts: 676
    I don't think a dungeon has ever frustrated me as much as the black mines did^^

Not that I've gone through the game that many times, but I imagine some builds must be pure masochism in that area.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,723
    I don't know if anything has changed since 2012.

• Montresor_SPMontresor_SP Member Posts: 2,208
    I take it then that we'll have to make Trent Oster watch Arcanum gameplay while luring him into eating chocolate laced with a love potion. :wink:
    Buzzkill

BTW how do you know he did not say that just because he felt he needed more experience first, to truly give Arcanum the lurv it deserves?
  • KuronaKurona Member Posts: 881
    The willingness to deal with Activision has nothing to do with experience, it's all about masochism, self-loathing or the need to expiate your sins so you can join Jesus and the big sky daddy when you die.
    I can negotiate for Beamdog, no prob.

I'll just tell Activision the cold hard bitter truth:
    1) You are not doing anything with the license
    2) You are to inept / lazy / understaffed / broke to do it yourself
    3) Let me guess, my offer is the first you got in like 20 years?
    4) It will eventually go cold, like everything except Tolkien does. Now or never baby!

Conclusion: Fork it over, bitches!!!

If they refuse this humble offer, they are just acting like petulant children who does not want anyone else to touch their toys, despite the fact that they are not playing with it atm. And they can't be that unreasonable, can they?
  • UnderstandMouseMagicUnderstandMouseMagic Member Posts: 2,147
    What the f*ck is Arcanum?

Just voted because I wanted to be seen as part of the "in" crowd. Don't hate me.