Skip to content

Creative and clever ways you've buffed your summons?

Aside from using the aoe buffs like bless and chant to give your summons that extra punch in a fight probably more trivial for normal games since you can run through anything using summons at all - but for scs no reload challenges I found giving sword spiders improved haste turns them into machines especially with the no poison save and so many apr.

What have you done that's turned just an average critter into a creature of destruction?

Comments

• Abi_DalzimAbi_Dalzim Member Posts: 1,428
    Mordenkainen's swords are immune to all damage besides magic damage - but that can be quickly rectified with a casting of Protection from Magic Energy, rendering them invulnerable to anything short of Death Spell or Imprisonment. I wonder if Death Ward could stop the former...
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    I'm not sure how the new Enchant Weapon spell works, but I think you could cast it on summons to enhance their attacks. Protection from Evil '15 on your party and summons is very good when an enemy Wizard summons Demons, because it lets the summon get free damage on the Fiend while you focus on the Mage.

Also, you can have infinite summons by summoning with a Project Image. I love having Nalia's PI gate in around 10 Fire Elementals from the Staff of Fire.
  • comebackhomecomebackhome Member Posts: 254

Champion's Strength and Enchanted Weapon can let a Carrion Crawler paralyze high-end foes like demons.

How?
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    edited March 2017

Champion's Strength and Enchanted Weapon can let a Carrion Crawler paralyze high-end foes like demons.

How?
    Champion's Strength improves THAC0 (by 8 at level 15, counting STR bonuses) and Enchanted Weapon makes the Carrion Crawlers' attacks strike as +3 weapons. They already have 3 or 4 APR, so those spells are enough to make them quite strong.

They still are very vulnerable, with rather poor HP and miserable AC, so they can't handle much pressure on their own.
    Post edited by semiticgoddess on
  • AasimAasim Member Posts: 591

) a Spell Revisions-style spell deflection spell

Not for Death spell. But Mordys will die instantly (with SR) if you hit them by Dispel Magic.

• comebackhomecomebackhome Member Posts: 254
    I don't know if this one is blatantly obvious but the flesh golem manual you get from watchers keep. Improved haste + enchant weapon turns the golem into an absolute killing machine.
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Skald music gives a +4 heavy metal bonus to headbanging summons.