Skip to content

Microsofts Creators Update

the_sexteinthe_sextein Member Posts: 711
edited May 2017 in Troubleshooting
Hi, My system installed the latest Microsoft update and now my games will not launch. It says that the launcher has encountered a problem and must shut down. The games worked fine before the update. I uninstalled them and cleared my documents folder and the lua file. I manually removed all traces left after the Microsoft uninstaller was used. The Beamdog client will not run either. So I can't re-download the games from Beamdog. They must have changed something in the Microsoft update that broke everything. All of my steam games still work fine though. I tried a fresh install of the Beamdog client and it says that it ran into an internal error and won't launch. I have re-installed OpenAL just in case and it installed fine. To sum up, the Beamdog Client isn't working anymore and the games won't work anymore either.

Comments

• mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    The update clearly broke something on your system.
    I would start by opening an administrator level powershell (right click the windows logo on your task bar and select Windows PowerShell Admin) and then running an sfc/scannow to check for Windows corruption.
  • the_sexteinthe_sextein Member Posts: 711
    I got it figured out. I was using the old manual game installers and they are no longer compatible with the new updated version of windows. I still have them downloaded on my system and they won't launch anymore. The problem with the client was that windows will not allow it to install directly from the launcher for some reason. I manually created a folder for the client and it worked. I then installed my games using the client and they work too. I no longer see the option to download the manual installers in my account anymore so maybe they are dated and no longer working. I haven't experainced any issues with any of my other programs or games and now that I got the latest version of the beamdog client up and running everything seems to be fine with my BG install as well. Thanks.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    Old installers are no longer supported, but they can be downloaded here: https://www.beamdog.com/about/client_legacy

https://www.beamdog.com/about/client_faq