Skip to content

[mod] Tales of the Deep Gardens

LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,700
edited March 2020 in BGII:EE Mods
Tales of the Deep Gardens, one of my first mods, is a quest mod that let you discover new, quite weird and unique place. It's also the very first project from my Colours of Infinity mod series. The mod is available for all BG2 platforms.

Tales of the Deep Gardens allows players to travel through a new land, deep under Faerun; a realm of mystery, dream, Colourful Essences and riddles. Talk to people who may not even see you, try to find the answers to obscure riddles, fight with Living Colours and gather 10 Colours to leave the Gardens. But remember, Dreamer, that this place is something more than just a chain of caves... It may be a Dream you'll not want to wake up from...

Thank to some help I received from other modders, the mod was just updated and now should work even better.

Colours of Infinity download section
Post edited by LavaDelVortel on

Comments

• saber0saber0 Member Posts: 84
    thanks for the updates these are awesome mods!
  • LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,700
    The mod just got updated. Now it includes a brand new worldmap icon and EE savegame patching! @swit did most of the coding! Check the original post to download the mod.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited July 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Well, no, I don't think so. And it's really weird. Especially because when I was working on it I tried to make everything as simple (code-wise) as possible...
  • MaurvirMaurvir Member Posts: 1,090
    edited July 2019
    I believe I wrapped up ToDG in ToB last night, but the
    spell I received from the witch
    seems to be malfunctioning. "State of the True Dreamer" has a description of "Invalid: 16777215".

It does seem to work, though.
    Casting it turns my PC into a creature resembling a blue elemental.
    I'm not sure what it does for her, though.
    Sadly the mod was developped in the times when you could never check descriptions of the innate abilities, so my older mods don't have those lines. Perhaps I will add them one day, but the problem is that old CoI mods have a couple of translations and I would need to provide version for each of those languages.

The form itself gives you a boost. Don't remember what, but perhaps something like attacks per round and some AC/resistances :) Or something similar.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited August 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Thanks for letting me know :)
  • brunardobrunardo Member Posts: 526
    Yeah have to agree with @Ludwig_II say these are probaby the best group of mods I have played and the stories/writing was better than half of the original content, bravo!
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    i agree while sill have not played with Yvette the rest is pretty solid. i consider i shall not forget my favorite quest mod.
    Oh, @theacefes - hi! I remember I had problems finding the right music for Innershade! theacefes saved it and composed all tracks. Some were created by her before I worked on the mod, some was created once we talked and she agreed to help, but my favorite one was made specifically for this mod - the one for the finale in ToB. It's been quite some time, but thank you again for composing those, theacefes :)
  • Ludwig_IILudwig_II Member Posts: 369
    Great to know that @theacefes . While I was playing Innershade, I paused the game in the town, laid down on the couch and listened to the music for hours. Seriously, I liked it that much. The music fit so well with the mod’s atmosphere.
  • IseweinIsewein Member Posts: 521
    That's true! The music in Innershade was lovely - I always assumed it was taken from some other game. Great job on composing them, @theacefes !
  • MaurvirMaurvir Member Posts: 1,090
    I consider Lava's mods to be canon in my games - to the point I reinstalled several times to get them fully working. I love how they feel like a part of the original game in graphic style and music. Some mods stick out like a sore thumb, but Lava's feel like they were cut content that was restored.

That goes for the music as well. It is both beautiful and fits so well into the game that you almost don't notice it at first. Top notch all the way.
  • elterinelterin Member Posts: 2
    Hi, Spellhold is down, is there another way to download your mods?
    edited February 2020
  • elterinelterin Member Posts: 2
    Thank you!
  • TulgasTulgas Member Posts: 22
    Now that indeed was strange journey, and hard to say, good or bad. It probably doesn't belong to BG lore, yet it worth playing.

Definitely a lot put into voice acting, and simultaneously feels like improving it is biggest priority anyway. Liked more quest-ish style of add-on, it's closer to P:T than BG2 in general.
    TotDG is my oldest quest, it was created more than 10 years ago and it belonges to Colours of Infinity mod series which is way different from the Athkatlan Ground series you are also trying out. All CoI mods are more oneiric, unusual, bizarre.
  • seraglioseraglio Member Posts: 122
    I just wanted to echo what so many others have said. TotDG was one of my most memorable gaming experiences. It has such atmosphere, such feel, that is so different than anything else. And the MUSIC, OMG its soooo good. I really loved this mod! Great job!
  • xiaoleiwenxiaoleiwen Member Posts: 186
    edited February 2021
    Hi Lava, I'm going to try your Colours of Infinity series (TODG, WQ, Innershade ISNF) during my current playthrough. As someone who love interjections from NPC, I would like to confirm with you, do you add interjections from Vanilla NPCs for the quests that you have added? Asking this because I'm using mainly MOD npcs this time, and I think only Sirene and Xan will have interjections in your quests. If you have added interjections for Vanilla NPCs, I will swap and take them for your quests~

Do you have any suggestion when is the best time to start your quests? Chapter 2 or 6? (role play wise)

---

By the way, just want to say I'm quite impressed with the mini area added (temple of Sune). I rarely visit the north part of the Waukeen's map for around 20 years, and when I visited the temple yesterday, I thought it is original content that I have missed out... until I saw the bird, then I know it is MOD.

Looking forward to the other areas art added :)

• AngulimalaAngulimala Member Posts: 82
    @marcnivar I'm definitely not Lava, just wanted to mention that Viconia has expanded content during White Queen. Haven't played those mods recently so can't remember any others atm. I'm thinking Haer'Dalis had an interjection last time i played one of those mods, can't remember which.
    Sorry, I've been busy lately because of RL matters...
    There are talks here and there, but apart from Viconia's extended sub-plot in The White Queen, there aren't many such talks.

Want to know my opinion? Play with a party you feel comfortable with and which you enjoy :) That's the best way of experiencing this game :)
  • xiaoleiwenxiaoleiwen Member Posts: 186
    edited February 2021
    o64rsb6vjlad.jpg

@LavaDelVortel

Hi Lava, do you have higher resolution portraits for you COI series MOD, the portrait is quite blurry when UI with bigger portrait size is used.
    Post edited by xiaoleiwen on
    Thanks for making that note. I may need to check that out.
  • TrouveurTrouveur Member Posts: 497
    Hi, I was certain to still have time left but now the mysterious mage doesn't have anything to say to me.

Whats is the variable timer on this one please ? If I could avoid having to clean again Bodhi's Lair...