Skip to content

tweak idea to hit enchantments

DanacmDanacm Member Posts: 951
I always seem the enchantment only hit system from weapons is not the balanced things in bg2, despite only a low amount of enemies need +4 or higher weapon to hit. But what if a tweak, that only leaves two type of enchantment in monster mean, the magical and non- magical weapons. And top of that the stronger monsters gain damage reduction. The weapons keep their enchantments to gain to hit bonuses but a dozens of weapons will be valid until the end of game.

What do you think ?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited May 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • AasimAasim Member Posts: 591
    Danacm said:

I always seem the enchantment only hit system from weapons is not the balanced things in bg2, despite only a low amount of enemies need +4 or higher weapon to hit. But what if a tweak, that only leaves two type of enchantment in monster mean, the magical and non- magical weapons. And top of that the stronger monsters gain damage reduction. The weapons keep their enchantments to gain to hit bonuses but a dozens of weapons will be valid until the end of game.

What do you think ?

I think this is a great idea. The whole "I need +1 to hit x, +2 to hit y, +3 to hit z and +4 to hit a" is horrible.
    Frankly, I'd remove the "non-magical weapon immunity" as well. Why would one use a regular 1d8 longsword if you have 1d8+1 longsword which is better in every single aspect anyway? Simpler = better imo.
  • DanacmDanacm Member Posts: 951
    Yes, it sad to need meta the items to kill some foes, even in bg1. If you can use any weapon to hit any creature you the whole game would be more user friendly, and fun to use whatever weapon you find.