Skip to content

BG2:EE: Hexxat's Empty Casket stuck in inventory. I can't remove it and can't move.

BCaesarBCaesar Member Posts: 452
Hexxat gives me her bag of holding after I rescue her from Dragomir's tomb (I'm still inside the tomb). Inside is an empty casket. If I go into the bag, select the casket, and click "Move to Inventory" then a copy is added to my inventory. I can't put it back inside the bag and it's so heavy I can't move.

Is this a bug (it seems like it should be) or is it supposed to be this way?

Also where are saves located? To report it as a bug on redmine I need a save, right?

I have the latest version from Gog.com (2.3.67.3) and I uninstalled all of my mods and it still happens (which makes sense since none of my mods affect Hexxat).

More formally:

1) Start when you first get Hexxat.
2) Add her to your party when she asks you where Dragomir's cloack is.
3) Leave the tomb.
4) As you're leaving Hexxat gives you a bag of holding.
5) Open bag of holding.
6) Select 'Empty Casket'
7) Move it to inventory.
8) Now there's a copy of the Empty Casket in my inventory. I can't delete it or select it and it's so heavy that I can't move.
9) I can repeat this to add as many copies of the casket to my inventory as I want.

Expected: I would expect the Casket to either not be able to be copied into the inventory, or to be able to be deleted.

Version: 2.3.67.3, downloaded directly from Gog.com

I'm happy to report this as a bug on redmine, I just need someone to tell me how to find my save games (I can't find them in my BG2 folder). I downloaded it from GoG.com directly (without using their client).

Thanks.

Also this is not a bug, but Hexxat kills a Clara in front of everyone, I have Keldorn, Mazzy, and Anomen in my party and not one of the cares enough to comment? Seriously? (Keldorn complains if you ask her to join you, but you'd think a whole bunch of party members would basically attack her from the get go. They attack other people/creatures for far less than murdering a woman in front of their eyes.)
Aerakar

Comments

• IsayaIsaya Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 752
    The save directory is somewhere in your Documents folder. This topic from the BG2EE section will tell you where more precisely, in the import part.
    JuliusBorisov
  • BCaesarBCaesar Member Posts: 452
    Isaya said:

The save directory is somewhere in your Documents folder. This topic from the BG2EE section will tell you where more precisely, in the import part.

Thanks! The bug is no reported on Redmine (and I did my best to follow their format so hopefully it gets fixed.)
    JuliusBorisov
  • JCDentonJCDenton Member Posts: 24
    Just discovered this bug for myself.

After you remove Hexxat's casket from her Bag, it gets stuck in your Inventory, i.e. you get the "Item cannot be removed" message. And because the casket weighs 1200lb, your unlucky character cannot move anymore.

Which basically means you're screwed, happy reloading.

Its not particularly game breaking or serious bug, as all you need to do is load a save before you removed the casket, however I can't believe that something like this is still in game! How long after the release of the EE and Hexxat?! And why wasn't this even discovered before the release? You would think that someone would try to remove the casket from the bag during the testing phase...
    Aerakar
  • hfmhfm Member Posts: 8
    I hate to necro threads, but this bug still exists. I hate doing things over for silly bugs that have been known for almost 3 years. :smile:
  • dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    Personally I don't think it's a bug. Hexxat specifically says that she is giving you the cask to keep it safe for her. Deliberately taking the cask out of the bag means (imo) that you intend to dispose of it somehow - the direct opposite of keeping it safe.

DnD has always been a game that punishes mistakes and I regard this as an example of flagrantly ignoring what you've been told to do and justifiably punishable.

Also, BG specifically is a game that punishes people who don't save often enough!
  • NagugNagug Member Posts: 1
    dunbar wrote: »
    Personally I don't think it's a bug. Hexxat specifically says that she is giving you the cask to keep it safe for her. Deliberately taking the cask out of the bag means (imo) that you intend to dispose of it somehow - the direct opposite of keeping it safe.

DnD has always been a game that punishes mistakes and I regard this as an example of flagrantly ignoring what you've been told to do and justifiably punishable.

Also, BG specifically is a game that punishes people who don't save often enough!

Not a bug at all... :smile:

xrho1mhh81ce.png
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Can someone upload a zip of your save so that I could check in the 2.6 beta?
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    Can someone upload a zip of your save so that I could check in the 2.6 beta?

yup, even in the beta this bug is still around ( it's in edwin's inventory )
    JuliusBorisov
  • williamkuswilliamkus Member Posts: 1
    My problem is that Minsc died and the contents of the bag spilled out, including the coffin. And when I picked everything up to put it back in the bag, the coffin got stuck in my inventory. I get the "if it is a bug, let's try to explain it away as a quirky element that might work story-wise if I make up a story that doesn't make any sense." but the coffin can't be moved, but it got moved out of the bag unintentionally, and then I can pick it back up into my inventory, What it should say then is, "the coffin can't be placed back in the bag for some reason so that it is a game breaking bug. Having to reload a save is a game breaker because you can't advance the story line anymore.
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,822
    williamkus wrote: »
    My problem is that Minsc died and the contents of the bag spilled out, including the coffin.
    That is a bug, or an unwise mod. Bags shouldn't ever spill.