Skip to content

No north forest on map

TigrisTigris Member Posts: 17
Hi,
After Underdark, I can go to Small Teeth Pass and forest of Tethyr, but North Forest doesn't appear on my map. I tried every exits in these areas. How can I access it ? Is there something special to do ? Is it a bug ? I have no mods installed.
Thank you

Comments

• DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    What patch version and platform are you on?
  • TigrisTigris Member Posts: 17
    edited August 2016
    Thanks. I use the latest patch v. 2.3.67.3 and windows 10
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Can you attach a save file?
    edited September 2016
    Sorry, I had forgotten about this. Here is a save file, I have advanced a bit in the game since but there is still no north forest
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,433
    @Tigris Try the attached save.

Your worldmap was borked. For some reason it mapped the Small Teeth Pass to the North Forest, which prevented the game from revealing the real North Forest map. The attached save should have fixed this issue.
    It works, thank you !
  • BaronKasBaronKas Member Posts: 1
    I have the same issue. Would you do me the favor of fixing it? Thanks!
    @BaronKas Try the attached save.
  • johntyljohntyl Member Posts: 397
    @argent77 Could you pls help me as well? Thank you v much!

@johntyl Fixed.

If you play BG2EE patched to v2.0 or higher you can use the following console command to reveal the area on the world map:
    C:Eval('AddWorldmapAreaFlag("AR1800",7)')

Or follow these instructions to fix a saved game it with Near Infinity (for all patch versions):
    1. Open the BALDUR.SAV of the save and click the "Decompress" button
    2. Scroll down, select WORLDMAP.WMP and press "View/Edit" button to open the worldmap
    3. Switch to the Edit tab
    4. Select "Map 0" entry and press "View/Edit"
    5. Look for an "Area" entry that starts with "Current area: AR1800.ARE" and open it
    6. Select the "Flags" field and activate "Visible (0)", "Reveal from linked area(1)" and "Can be visited (2)" from the list of checkboxes at the bottom
    7. Close all windows and accept to save the resource when asked
    8. In the main window click the "Compress" button to add the changed resource to the savegame (important!)
  • johntyljohntyl Member Posts: 397
    argent77 said:

@johntyl Fixed.

If you play BG2EE patched to v2.0 or higher you can use the following console command to reveal the area on the world map:

C:Eval('AddWorldmapAreaFlag("AR1800",7)')
    Thank you!! This did the trick! :))))
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    For anyone experiencing this, could they advise
    * Whether their game was started on version 2.0/later, or version 1.3/earlier
    * If their game is modded
    * If they have access to NI etc. does AR2500.BCS have RevealAreaOnMap("ar1800") (poss line 8)

Thanks
  • kissoffkissoff Member Posts: 27
    I have the same issue.

I tried all available insructions to enable console without success.
    I tried NI, but when selecting WorldMap.wmp and clicking View/Edit nothing happens.

Game started v1
    No mods
    Win 10
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
  • kissoffkissoff Member Posts: 27
    It works! Thanks!
  • MaurvirMaurvir Member Posts: 1,090
    Wow, 2017 - thread necromancy warning...

I just started a new game with the latest patch (2.5) and the tweak which allows the north forest, forest of tethyr, and the small teeth pass to show up immediately. Remarkably, it seems that my game STILL puts the small teeth pass where the north forest should be and the north forest itself is inaccessible. Is there a way to permanently fix this or a mod that corrects the world locations of these places?