Skip to content

IWD style portraits for characters from BG1, BG2, PST

inethineth Member Posts: 707

Ineth's collection of Icewind Dale style portraits -- Volume II: Characters from other games

This is a collection of additional portraits for Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition, which fit in with the original portraits that come with the game. It is part of the following set of portrait collections:
IWD style portraits:‣ I. Canonical classes and races  (Fighter, Paladin, Barbarian, ... , Halfling, Half-orc)
‣ II. Characters from other games  (BG1, BG2, PST)
BG2 style portraits:‣ I. Real-world cultures and ethnicities  (Vikings, Black people)

Introduction

Have you grown attached to characters from other (related) games, and would you like to journey into the Frozen North with them? This collection provides suitable IWD-style portraits for some of them.

Of course, there are other things that a character build needs beside a portrait (e.g. a soundset, possibly a custom character sprite, personal items, etc.) Those are not included, but you can get some of the soundsets from the Awesome Soundsets thread.

Please note that I did not paint these portraits - they are pictures which I found online, painted by various artists (see the Spoiler boxes below).
I merely turned them into IWD style portraits by cropping them and applying some post-processing.

Portrait layouts

For each portrait, three files are included.

The first two are the normal character record screen and side-bar versions, cropped like the original portraits.

The third is an alternate version for the side-bar, corresponding to the "Zoomed in side-bar portraits" component of my IWD:EE Portrait Variations mod.

See the included readme files for details.

Index

Bundle Content Download Size
Baldur's Gate characters 36 portraits iwdee_portraits_characters_bg_v01.7z 21.1 MB
Planescape: Torment characters 24 portraits iwdee_portraits_characters_pst_v01.7z 11.8 MB

Download them by clicking the filenames in the table above.
(Alternatively, click the Download button at the end of each post below, or get them from my Yandex drive).

Preview

The following 2 posts show thumbnails of all the included portraits. (Click a thumbnail to open its high-resolution version.)
Post edited by ineth on

Comments