Skip to content

How do you revive party members

When members of my party are killed how do I revive them?

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    depends on what game you are playing:

Baldur's gate 1 : you have to go to temples, to revive them, but they still need to have a portrait on the right hand side, if one of your characters got chunked and if their portrait disappeared, then that means they are gone for good

Baldur's gate 2: you can still go to temples to revive them, or if you have a cleric that is level 9+ you can use the level 5 spell raise dead, or if you have a cleric that is level 14+ you can use the level 7 spell resurrection, same rule applies though where they need to still have their portrait, if they got chunked then they are gone

Icewind Dale: kuldahar has a temple in it that you can go to, to revive your characters, unless again you have a cleric that is level 9+ then you can use raise dead or resurrection as needed

Planescape Torment: no idea, but im going to guess that if there is a temple somewhere you could probably do it there
    JuliusBorisov
  • RogueBiscuitRogueBiscuit Member Posts: 5
    I go to the temple and see their portraits but then what? I don't know how to start the resurrection process.
    when you talk to the priest at the temple, ask for the temple services, and there will be some options ( donating, buy & sell, services ) click on the services one and then the options should pop up: cure light wounds, dispel magic, remove curse, etc

then what you do is have the portrait selected that is the dead character, and then click on the "raise dead" service and "buy it" and your character will come back with 1 HP
    [Deleted User]JuliusBorisov
  • RogueBiscuitRogueBiscuit Member Posts: 5
    Sweet. It worked. I would NEVER have figured that out on my own. Thanks.
    sarevok57JuliusBorisov
    glad to have helped :) just remember, make sure your party members don't get chunked ( meaning that they take so much damage when they die their portrait disappears) because if they do get chunked, they are gone forever
    JuliusBorisov
  • PaulaMigratePaulaMigrate Member Posts: 1,201
    All of the above is correct.
    In addition
    - Jaheira at some point gets an ability *Harper's Call* that can resurrect an NPC but she looses some HP herself temporarily. A kind of sacrifice. Some mod NPCs also have similar abilities (e.g. Sirene has a boon from Ilmater similar to Jaheira's).
    - There are some special NPCs in the game who always are lost, but you normally will be made aware of that fact.
    [Deleted User]JuliusBorisov
  • ElendarElendar Member Posts: 831
    Baldur's Gate 2 also has Rods of Resurrection that any character can use
  • Dev6Dev6 Member Posts: 719
    Also, if someone in your party gets killed do not remove them from the party. You'll never be able to resurrect them if you do.
    I realise this sounds obvious but I did that mistake once.
    Permidion_Stark