Skip to content

Can't Load SoD save files in SoD

Ploughed_JesterPloughed_Jester Member Posts: 93
edited May 2017 in Troubleshooting
Hey, anyone have experience with this?

Full details: I was playing Siege of Dragonspear just fine... saves as normal etc. everything works. I make quicksaves and a regular save at the end of every session. I was playing today, the game crashed, and I accidentally opened BGEE instead of SoD and hit continue. It loaded my pre-Sarevok final fight save. Annoying but no harm. Close. Open SoD... and continue loads that save same presarevok save... annoying... quit and pull up the load option... No SoD saves are present/loadable/selectable/etc... annoying... Quit game. Check SoD Save folder in docs. It's present... all saves are still there. I refuse to restart as I'm at bridgefort already. The game crashed during the whole "hey there's 3 dead bodies" quest after you call a spade a spade. Any more detail than that would be a spoiler, I believe.

So... what the flip? Anybody know how to fix this? I can't access any of my SoD saves and it's really frustrating. Checked the forum and only found post update issues, similar but not the same... and also trolled at this point so I created a new thread. Sorry if it's a dupe. Couldn't find the answer anywhere but may not have the best search terms.

Thanks for the assistance.

Comments

• Ploughed_JesterPloughed_Jester Member Posts: 93
    Ugh... crud. noticed this is in the wrong section. Meant for it to be in SOD not BGEE. Also annoying. I can't move it either... or delete it... grumble. Not my day.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    At the bottom of the SoD launcher there should be two buttons. They let you change between BG1, SoD, and Black Pits. When you re-opened the launcher that you opened BG1 last. Click the SoD icon towards the bottom right on the main launcher screen.
    Ahaaa... the old "Unlabeled Button that Looks like a Logo Not the Rest of the Buttons" trick...

I'd feel dumb if it honestly didn't blend to the point of being a design flaw. Thank you. Also, if you were the one who moved this to troubleshooting, thank you again.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    It trips a lot of people up.
    But now I know... And Knowing is Half the Battle!
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    Perhaps if they put a static narrow border around those logo-like buttons, then it'd be more obvious that they're indeed clickable buttons, rather than merely static logos? Just a thought.