NWN2 Soundsets for BGEE, BG2EE, and IWDEE

AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
edited August 2022 in General Modding

NWN2 Soundsets

A Baldur's Gate mod by AstroBryGuy

Version 2.2

Download: https://github.com/AstroBryGuy/NWN2SoundSets/releases/latest

Introduction

The NWN2 Soundsets mod features 30 soundsets with subtitles that can be used for player characters in Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition, Baldur's Gate 2: Enhanced Edition, and Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition. The mod includes 27 soundsets from Neverwinter Nights 2. It includes most NWN2 & MOTB companions (not included: Construct, Grobnar, Okku, and One-of-Many), as well as 14 other generic PC voicesets. The mod also includes 3 bonus soundsets from the Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition premium module, Darkness Over Daggerford.

Compatibility

NWN2 Soundsets v2.x is compatible with BG:EE, BG2:EE, IWD:EE, and EET version 2.6.6 or later ONLY. For older versions of the EEs, please use v1.0: https://github.com/AstroBryGuy/NWN2SoundSets/releases/tag/v1.0

Components

Each soundset is a separate component. For convenience, there are two groups, Female Soundsets and Male Soundsets.

Female Soundsets
The following 16 soundsets are part of this group:
  • Female 1 (generic)
  • Female 2 (generic)
  • Female 3 (generic)
  • Female 4 (generic)
  • Female 5 (generic)
  • Female 6 (generic)
  • Female 7 (generic)
  • Kaelyn the Dove (female cleric)
  • Elanee (female druid)
  • Neeshka (female rogue)
  • Qara (female mage)
  • Safiya (female mage)
  • Shandra (female warrior)
  • Zhjaeve (female cleric)
  • DoD: Raegen Brunegar (female fighter)
  • DoD: Veiti Ironeater (female dwarf)
Male Soundsets
The following 14 soundsets are part of this group:
  • Male 1 (generic)
  • Male 2 (generic)
  • Male 3 (generic)
  • Male 4 (generic)
  • Male 5 (generic)
  • Male 6 (generic)
  • Male 7 (generic)
  • Ammon Jerro (male mage)
  • Bishop (male warrior)
  • Casavir (male paladin)
  • Gannayev-of-Dreams (male shaman)
  • Khlegar (male warrior)
  • Sand (male mage)
  • DoD: Purfbin Doogrick (male rogue)

Installation

Note for Steam/GOG users with SoD installed: Before installing any mods, you will need to use the ModMerge utility to make your game moddable (https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/50441/modmerge-merge-your-steam-gog-zip-based-dlc-into-something-weidu-nearinfinity-dltcep-can-use/p1).

Project Infinity
A Project Infinity package is available!

Windows
If the mod was previously installed, uninstall it before extracting the new version. NWN2 Soundsets is packaged and installed with WeiDU. To install, extract the mod archive, then copy of the contents of the archive into your game folder (the folder which contains the chitin.key file). If properly extracted, you should have a "nwn2soundsets" folder and setup-nwn2soundsets.exe in your game folder. To install, simply double-click setup-nwn2soundsets.exe and follow the instructions on screen.

Please run setup-nwn2soundsets.exe in your game folder to reinstall, uninstall or otherwise change components.

macOS
If the mod was previously installed, uninstall it before extracting the new version. NWN2 Soundsets is packaged and installed with WeiDU. To install, extract the mod archive, then copy of the contents into your game folder (the folder which contains the chitin.key file). If properly extracted, you should have a "nwn2soundsets" folder, setup-nwn2soundsets, and setup-nwn2soundsets.command in your game folder. To install, simply double-click setup-nwn2soundsets.command and follow the instructions on screen.

Acknowledgements
v1.0 of this mod was based on Smeagolheart's Awesome Soundsets mod. Thanks! (Note: v2.0 no longer contains any code from Awesome Soundsets)

v2.x of this mod is based on Camdawg's EE_Soundset_Tool. Thanks!

NWN2 Soundsets is not developed, supported, or endorsed by Beamdog, Ossian Studios, or Wizards of the Coast.
Post edited by AstroBryGuy on
JuliusBorisovtbone1KilivitzronaldoRavenslightMirandelGusindasmeagolheartPapa_LouGrammarsaladSneakWalkerAedan

Comments

• tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985
    Thanks! I cannot wait to try this out.
    AstroBryGuy
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    Thanks for acknowledgment​, I was hoping people would be inspired so we could all get more soundsets.

I'm looking forward to trying this out.
  • SneakWalkerSneakWalker Member Posts: 49
    edited October 2018
    Hello everyone. ?
    How can i install the soundsets to my android tablet or my iphone?
    Edit: For bgee, bg2ee and iwdee.
    Post edited by SneakWalker on
  • Jc2486Jc2486 Member Posts: 1
    I have encountered error in my installation:
    Appending to files column-wise ...
    Cannot append column-wise because there are 48 lines in CHARSND.2da but I was only given 28 things to append
    Stopping installation because of error.

I have SOD included and it seems that the snd_copy function is unable to update the string 'snd_columntype', so there are only 28 terms stored.

I have tried to move the string update out of the function and it seems to work.
  • Getting the same issue. I wanted Kaelyn's voiceset.
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    Updated to v2.0 with *EE v2.6+ compatibility.

Note: v2.0 will NOT work on older versions of the EEs. For older versions, please use v1.0.
  • EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    The 1.0 link is broken. It has an extra right paren ) after 1.0.
  • BrokenkatanaBrokenkatana Member Posts: 47
    Slight error in the setup.tra that blocks the install, one line reads "@106 = ~NWN2: Female 6 (generic)~ßß"
  • SatrhanSatrhan Member Posts: 75
    Had the same, removing those last two symbols fixed it.
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    @Brokenkatana - Sorry! That slipped in during the packaging process.

v2.2 is available now with the invalid character error fixed.