Skip to content

How to edit summons in near infinity?

comebackhomecomebackhome Member Posts: 254
Some of the spells are absurdly bad summon efreeti and dijinni don't even have +1 weapons for a 7th level spell. Watching them run into combat with "weapon ineffective" saddens me.

How can this be rectified in near infinity?

Comments

• QuickbladeQuickblade Member Posts: 957
    edited June 2017
    I'd pull up the spell that summons them, look at what the resource is for the what's summoned (for example, Woodland Call summons nymphsu.cre), and then pull up the .cre file and see what it has for equipment. It probably has some sort of weapon in hand. Edit the .cre file as you see fit in terms of stats and memorized spells. If you do add NEW spells, you'll have to edit the creature's script so that it knows it has new spells to use.

Edit that specific weapon.itm for it's enchantment level to bypass weapon immunity.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • comebackhomecomebackhome Member Posts: 254

I'd pull up the spell that summons them, look at what the resource is for the what's summoned (for example, Woodland Call summons nymphsu.cre), and then pull up the .cre file and see what it has for equipment. It probably has some sort of weapon in hand. Edit the .cre file as you see fit in terms of stats and memorized spells. If you do add NEW spells, you'll have to edit the creature's script so that it knows it has new spells to use.

Edit that specific weapon.itm for it's enchantment level to bypass weapon immunity.

Thanks I'll look into that.

Install Spell Revisions...

I would love to but there are a couple spells that completely break the immersion in this playthrough for my themed run I would love to install it and simply just disable those spell changes since I'm such a big SR advocate however I'm not that mod savy.
  • comebackhomecomebackhome Member Posts: 254

I am unable to find this 'resource' tab when i click on the Summon Woodland beings spell. Under the ''spl" tab it doesn't even show the nymph.cre resource, maybe I'm looking in the wrong area.
  • badungubadungu Member Posts: 53
    SPPR410.spl is using the NYMPHSU.eff (Spell ability -> Effect) to summon the NYMPHSU.cre (@offset 0x30 in NYMPHSU.eff)