Skip to content

De'Arnise Keep Time Limit on Beginning the Quest?

I recently started a new play through and I am trying to really RP it. I am trying to keep most of the core characters as well as hurry to rescue Imoen as soon as possible. Unfortunately I did run into Nalia and told her I will meet her at her keep.

My question is, if I turn in Galen's fee now and hurry off through the main story, will the De'Arnise keep quest still be there when I return from the underdark?

Comments

• Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,211
    edited June 2017
    I believe quest timers are on hold during the Underdark, but I could be wrong. Though you can always just run to the Keep real quick and pop inside, I believe that's enough for Nalia to stop complaining. You don't need to finish it.
  • PaulaMigratePaulaMigrate Member Posts: 1,201
    edited June 2017
    Yes and no.
    You need to talk to Nalia at the CC and send her ahead to the keep to wait for you. Pretend to accept the quest. After that you can pick her up and do the main quest whenever you like. If you take her into the party she starts complaining after some time, so you have to at least visit the keep area. Even then, you can delay the full quest until later.
  • PaulaMigratePaulaMigrate Member Posts: 1,201

Yes and no.

You need to talk to Nalia at the CC and send her ahead to the keep to wait for you. Pretend to accept the quest. After that you can pick her up and do the main quest whenever you like. If you take her into the party she starts complaining after some time, so you have to at least visit the keep area. Even then, you can delay the full quest until later.
    Similar is true for other big side quests - accept them and do the initial step, afterwards you can put them on hold as you like.
    Different thing is for the stronghold quests, they are paused as long as you are in Spellhold + Underdark.
  • hetreshetres Member Posts: 29
    Awesome, thanks for the input!