Skip to content

Nalia and FMT bug?

So, I recently started a new playthrough as a FMT going solo. I just cleared Nalias keep expecting to be awarded it as my own, seeing as I am playing as a FMT, but she just told me that seeing as I was not a warrior there was nothing I could do about her situation with the Reonalds. Isn't this a bug? Shouldn't I have been awarded the keep? I seem to remember being awarded it previously when I was playing as a FM.

I have been granted the thieves guild. But I feel like I've been granted multiple strongholds in the past.

Comments

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    You only get one stronghold without mods. Because you got the thief stronghold, you won't be offered the fighter or mage.
  • solo4funsolo4fun Member Posts: 15
    Aww, bummer. Must have used mods for previous runs and not remembered. I don't suppose you can rescind strongholds either? Really want the mage one.
    solo4fun said:

Aww, bummer. Must have used mods for previous runs and not remembered. I don't suppose you can rescind strongholds either? Really want the mage one.

I'm afraid not. There may be a console command that could reset your global variable and allow you to take a different stronghold, but someone more knowledgeable than me will need to provide that.
  • PaulaMigratePaulaMigrate Member Posts: 1,201
    edited June 2017
    Each of the strongholds uses a quite different technique for assignment and most of that is within the dialogues with the stronghold giver (e.g. Nalia or Renal) on finishing the related quest. Without the mods that give you either multiple strongholds or strongholds despite class restrictions (or both) it is very hard to *force* this later during the game. The setting of multiple globals at the right moment is nothing that is easily done with console or game editor.
    For the mage stronghold you would need to modify Lavok's dialogue before you end the quest and also set a number of globals - however setting those globals ripples back to the stronghold you already have because of the checks made for multiclasses. There is a system of dependencies which you need to change as a whole to achieve what those mods did.
    Even installing those mods now or providing you with a patch to do it would not help as you are already at a point where globals were set and timers have started.
  • solo4funsolo4fun Member Posts: 15

Each of the strongholds uses a quite different technique for assignment and most of that is within the dialogues with the stronghold giver (e.g. Nalia or Renal) on finishing the related quest. Without the mods that give you either multiple strongholds or strongholds despite class restrictions (or both) it is very hard to *force* this later during the game. The setting of multiple globals at the right moment is nothing that is easily done with console or game editor.
    For the mage stronghold you would need to modify Lavok's dialogue before you end the quest and also set a number of globals - however setting those globals ripples back to the stronghold you already have because of the checks made for multiclasses. There is a system of dependencies which you need to change as a whole to achieve what those mods did.
    Even installing those mods now or providing you with a patch to do it would not help as you are already at a point where globals were set and timers have started.

Thanks for the detailed explanation. The mage stronghold would be nice but it's not mandatory for this playthrough. I guess I'll carry on without it. Which mod would allow you multiple strongholds? So that I might install it before future playthroughs.
    I use TweaksAnthology. It has stronghold components that let you take multiple with no restrictions, or multiples that your classes make you eligible for.
  • luskanluskan Member Posts: 269
    ThacoBell said:

I use TweaksAnthology. It has stronghold components that let you take multiple with no restrictions, or multiples that your classes make you eligible for.

Agreed. You'll find it in the Modding section here. Note you'll need to start a new game for the changes to take effect.
  • Mantis37Mantis37 Member Posts: 1,174
    DeArnise romance also gives you the keep.