Skip to content

New Client Offline Mode

spacejawsspacejaws Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 389
edited April 2017 in Beamdog Client
I'm not sure what is happening but the new client seems to work great when I'm online but now I'm at work and in offline mode the only game that shows as available is BG Siege of Dragonspear. I have Icewind Dale, Baldur's Gate 2 and now Planescape Torment downloded and when I am in offline they show as 'Unavailable' but online they show up fine. I've ran each game once in online mode but still offline on BG Seige shows wth any options. I can still play them by using the .exe's manually just a bit wierd thats all.
JuliusBorisovlolien

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Thanks for reporting!
    lolien
  • GradenGnomeGradenGnome Member Posts: 7
    Every time I try to log into the new client I receive the following message. I have to old client that works fine.

Unable to connect to Beamdog servers. No previous sign in was detected. To use the Beamdog Client offline, you must first sign-in online.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    edited May 2017
    @GradenGnome

Sorry for your negative experience.

Have you first signed in successfully in online mode, like the error is saying to do? If you think that you should be online but are getting this message, then could you please follow this instruction to help us detect the issue:

a) Right-click the cog in the bottom right of the Beamdog Client
    b) Select "Open Log folder"
    c) Close the Beamdog Client
    d) Attach (In a .zip) all of the files within this folder.
    This is the first time I had downloaded the new Client. It won't let me log in at all so I have no log to attach.
    Which OS do you use? What PC specs do you have? Is your Internet connection ok?
    I have Windows 10 64bit, Intel i5 3.2Ghz, 8GB Ram and a 5Ghz connection (not that that means I am able to connect at that speed. As I said in my first post the old Beamdog client I can log into just fine. The new client is where I am having issues with.
    edited May 2017
    Can you attach the zip of the Log folder contents to the forum post here?

Perhaps you have some kind of firewall where you have added the old client as an exception but not the new client?
    Post edited by JuliusBorisov on
    Is this what you need?
    @GradenGnome

Can you go into the AppData folder (go to the file explorer and in the top bar showing the current folder, click on it and type "%APPDATA%", then press enter - that should put you in AppData/Roaming and you should see a Beamdog Client folder)? Then can you open that up, and there should be a folder called "logs"? Please, zip up that whole folder and attach it to your post.

Also, have you checked your firewall settings? Let us know more about what kind of firewall you're running.

Thank you!
    @JuliusBorisov

I am just running the basic Windows 10 firewall nothing else.
    JuliusBorisov
    here are the logs
    JuliusBorisov
  • KyzarinKyzarin Member Posts: 21
    I'm having the same problem as GradenGnome. The Beamdog client refuses to connect, giving the same error message he got, and I just downloaded it today. I also tried temporarily disabling Kaspersky, and it's still giving the error. Log folder is attached.
    JuliusBorisov
    @Kyzarin We have filed a bug for this issue since we think it is a little different from @GradenGnome 's experience (not files failing to appear when offline, but rather failing to reach servers when logging in for the first time).
    @JuliusBorisov Actually I think @Kyzarin 's issue is the same exact bug that I have.
    It indeed looks like you two appear to be encountering the same issue. The logs you both supplied are helpful and provide error messages, it appears to be an issue with certificates. Our QA team will have to talk it over before we could have any suggestions for how to fix it.
    @Kyzarin and @GradenGnome Our developers have created a public Redmine ticket for you where they have detailed how to test out a fix for your issue.

The ticket is here: https://support.baldursgate.com/issues/31605

Could you, please, go to the Redmine and try out the suggested fix?
  • KyzarinKyzarin Member Posts: 21
    I attempted the fix suggested in the Redmine, and I'm still getting the same error message. I even tried re-downloading the client to make sure I had the latest version (as well as rebooting my laptop). It's just not working for me still.

By the way, I do appreciate that you're trying :smile:
    JuliusBorisov
    @Kyzarin I've passed it to the developers. Could you, please, in the future, comment on Redmine?
  • l33tspockl33tspock Member Posts: 5
    edited January 2022
    Solved my problem by simply not using the beamdog client while offline. can play the games from file location fine. Not a very elegant solution but PC being a PC gamer i've never really cared about elegance.
    ----

Sorry to dredge up an old post, but I haven't played in ages and wanted to play a game for nastalgias sake.

Can't play offline, works online, then when I go home where I have no internet, it says my games are all unavailable. Go back to get wifi somewhere at a cafe or something, can play the games no problem, go back home, unavailable again.

Running windows 11, is that making the problem somehow?
    Let me know if I can give any more info.

have my logs but it's not letting me post them in a zip file like was formerly suggested in this thread.

Glad to hear it's solved that way.