Skip to content

How can I find SoD in-game bio using Nearinfinity?

islandkingislandking Member Posts: 426
I think I located the companion .cre file used in SoD, like MINSC7, whose sound set is different from MINSC, MINSC2, MINSC4, MINSC6 - those are pre-SoD.
But the bio in MINSC7 is still the same as pre-SoD ones while he does have a different bio in the expansion, any idea how I may find the correct bio?
Thanks!

Comments

• kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
    'MINSC7.CRE'
    Override Script: 'BDMINSC.BCS'
    'BDMINSC.BCS'
    IF
    	!AreaCheck("bd0120")
    	!AreaCheck("bd0130")
    	Global("bd_add_new_bio","LOCALS",0)
    THEN
    	RESPONSE #100
    		SetGlobal("bd_add_new_bio","LOCALS",1)
    		SetPlayerSound(Myself,69605,BIO)
    END
    String Reference #69605
    MINSC proudly proclaims himself a berserker warrior from the nation of Rashemen. He is currently undertaking his dejemma, a ritual journey all young Rashemi men undergo. His companion Dynaheir, whom he protects as part of his mission, is never far from his side. Dynaheir apparently has some interest in seeing the crusade stopped, and Minsc will follow wherever she leads. Indeed, "his witch," as Minsc calls her, is one of the few people from whom he will take direction. He also gives great weight to the "words" of his miniature giant space hamster, Boo. Neither you nor your other companions can hear Boo speak. It's possible Minsc has taken too many blows to the head. Still, his great strength and berserker rage should prove a danger to the crusaders you encounter.
  • islandkingislandking Member Posts: 426
    Wow great thanks!
    @kjeron
    Sorry I can't seem to locate Jaheira's bio using the same method, maybe her bio hasn't been changed?
  • badungubadungu Member Posts: 53
    bdjaheir.bcs:

IF !AreaCheck("bd0120") !AreaCheck("bd0130") Global("bd_add_new_bio","LOCALS",0) THEN RESPONSE #100 SetGlobal("bd_add_new_bio","LOCALS",1) SetPlayerSound(Myself,69602,BIO) END

Her BIO should be #69602 (but it's empty, maybe this is the wrong STRREF?)

I think #61406 is the one you're searching for:
    When asked about her past, Jaheira grimaces and glosses over her childhood in Tethyr and her flight from that nation's civil war. She briefly mentions how she was eventually taken in and raised by an enclave of druids before telling you that you should focus on the matter at hand. You know that Jaheira and her husband, Khalid, belong to the secretive order known as the Harpers. Though Jaheira insists she and Khalid were merely taking a vacation near Bridgefort when the crusade arrived and violence ensued, it seems more likely that the Harpers positioned Jaheira the pair in the area. Whatever the truth, Jaheira seems committed to tracking down Caelar and putting an end to her crusade.

• kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
    Yeah, the game uses the wrong STRREF for Jaheira, in-game its blank as well.
    Right, now I remember, it's indeed empty.
    Thanks guys.