Skip to content

Need help with consoling Pantaloons into TOB

I've just completed SOA and realised, to my great disappointment, that I wasn't able to go back to Athkatla where I stored my two Pantaloons!!

Can someone teach me how to console the Golden and Silver Pantaloons into TOB? Is it possible? Thank you!

Comments

• Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,211
    I would recommend getting EEKeeper, not only can you just use that to give yourself items without using the console, but if you DO want to use it, it allows you to look up the internal codes for any item, spell, npcs, etc. whenever you want. Might be helpful in the future.

But anyway, for this one:

Bronze - MISCCB
    Silver - MISC5O
    Gold - MISC47
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    Tip: before completing SoA (or more specifically, before confronting Irenicus at the Tree of Life), make sure that you've transferred any stored items which you might want in ToB to Watcher's Keep; that's the only place accessible from both SoA and ToB.

In the console command line, type

C:CreateItem("MISC47")

to create the Golden Pantaloons in inventory, and then type

C:CreateItem("MISC5O")

to create the Silver Pantaloons in inventory; note that it's a letter O, not a 0, in the second command.
  • GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    edited June 2017
    @johntyl - not sure whether you already have the console actived..

To activate the cheat console:
    Add the line below to the baldur.lua located in ...\Documents\Baldur's Gate II - Enhanced Edition

SetPrivateProfileString('Program Options','Debug Mode','1')

Start the game. You should now have access to the console.

To enter console mode, press CTRL-Space together.

This will bring up a cheatbox in the top left hand corner; under the message box on the centre bottom, there will be a text entry area. Type (or copy and paste) the following commands into that area and hit 'Enter' for the pantaloons:

C:CreateItem("MISC47")
    C:CreateItem("MISC5O")

the O in MISC5O is an O not a zero

MISC47 - Golden Pantaloons
    MISC5O - Silver Pantaloons

Happy venturing
    Gus

Edit: Typo
  • johntyljohntyl Member Posts: 397
    @Lord_Tansheron @Gallowglass @Gusinda Thank you good people! I've got both pants!! I've always failed to complete the Big Metal Unit and this time I've sworn I won't!!

Btw, where do you guys go to look for the item code? Is it only done through EEKeeper?

I just realised I've got one other item to console in (which I left in Athkatla) and that is Neera's MECHANICAL BIRD... :/
  • DetectiveMittensDetectiveMittens Member Posts: 235
    Neera's bird code is: OHNMBIRD

• Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,211
    johntyl said:

Btw, where do you guys go to look for the item code? Is it only done through EEKeeper?

Not necessarily EEKeeper, but something. Various tools can extract under-the-hood information.
    johntyl said:

I just realised I've got one other item to console in (which I left in Athkatla) and that is Neera's MECHANICAL BIRD... :/

Keep EEKeeper around, it'll be useful regularly ;)
  • johntyljohntyl Member Posts: 397

Neera's bird code is: OHNMBIRD

Thank you! :)
  • mf2112mf2112 Member, Moderator Posts: 1,919
    Don't go get the third piece of the set yourself, at least the first time. It is much funnier to contract it out. :D