Skip to content

Parsing errors with Weidu

Wizer13Wizer13 Member Posts: 65
Hi everyone.

I've been trying my first attempts at modding, now I want to compile my dialog file using weidu.

I used the command prompt from Japheth, seems to work, but i always have some issues, I don't see where my problem is in my coding. Here's an example :

C:\GOG Games\Baldurs Gate II - Enhanced Edition> weidu C:\Users\Vince\Desktop\CCAlaunNPC\Dialog\ccalaun.d --tlkout dialog.tlk --out override
[weidu] WeiDU version 24000
[.\chitin.key] 187 BIFFs, 62160 resources
[.\lang\en_us\dialog.tlk] 104482 string entries
[.\DATA\DEFAULT.BIF] 2838812 bytes, 507 files, 0 tilesets

[C:\Users\Vince\Desktop\CCAlaunNPC\Dialog\ccalaun.d] PARSE ERROR at line 19 column 1-3
Near Text: SAY
syntax error

[C:\Users\Vince\Desktop\CCAlaunNPC\Dialog\ccalaun.d] ERROR at line 19 column 1-3
Near Text: SAY
Parsing.Parse_error
ERROR: parsing [C:\Users\Vince\Desktop\CCAlaunNPC\Dialog\ccalaun.d]: Parsing.Parse_error

FATAL ERROR: Parsing.Parse_error

C:\GOG Games\Baldurs Gate II - Enhanced Edition>

I was wondering if it was my triggers that's making the errors. I have errors at BEGIN, SAY or whatever. I encoded my script in UTF8-without BOM, used Notepad++ and the Languages highlighters for Weidu.d.

Here's my script. I know I might have other errors, I'm trying to learn.

Thanks for your time !

Comments

• PaulaMigratePaulaMigrate Member Posts: 1,201
    edited June 2017
    Try this dialog file. There were too many issues to record them, you need to compare old and new to see the differences. I only looked at this file, so no idea if there are other things in other files. Just one step at a time.
    BTW it's not encoding, it's all about syntax.
  • Wizer13Wizer13 Member Posts: 65
    Thank you Paula, as always, I'm in debt to you ! ;)
  • PaulaMigratePaulaMigrate Member Posts: 1,201
    edited June 2017
    Another Hint
    DO ~GiveItemCreate("Alaun_p",Myself,1,0,0)~ will create the item in that NPCs inventory (maybe this is intended?) even if it appears in one of the choices for answers. DO actions in dialogues always are applied to the person talking (like the DO~Enemy()~ in another block). The answers you choose still *belong* to the creature who talked to you.
    If the intention was to give the item to the protagonist, you need GiveItemCreate("Alaun_p",Player1,1,0,0).
    And to say thank you, click on one of choices like *insightful* and *like* and such...