Skip to content

When Jaheira is summoned away, can I recruit a stand-in?

I finished rescuing 'Montaron' from the Harper Hold and right after Xzar gets finished Meronia summons Jaheira and Jaheira leaves, making my 6-people party a 5-people party for now.

Now I was planning to do De'Arnises Hold and my question is, if I take Nalia (who is awaiting our party at her Keep) in the 6th slot, will it prevent Jaheira from reappearing or can I just continue with 6 slots filled: will I be offered the choice to reform my party when Jaheira returns?
[Deleted User]

Comments

• PaulaMigratePaulaMigrate Member Posts: 1,201
    Yes.
    [Deleted User]
  • madmaximusmadmaximus Member Posts: 140
    Yea but when she comes back she will need a spot. And i think youd need to give it to her in order to continue her questline/romance.
    [Deleted User]Son_of_Imoen
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    jaheira will come back immediately after your rest, so you might as well, just rest as soon as she leaves and then she will be back and then I would highly suggest going to where she wants you to go afterwards, because there is a very nice ring waiting for ya if you do
    ThacoBell[Deleted User]Son_of_Imoen
    edited June 2017
    All of the above is true, except the *resting right away*
    PartyRested()
    GlobalTimerExpired("JaheiraReturn","GLOBAL")this is Seven Hours
    Global("JaheiraReturns","GLOBAL",0)
    - you can replace her in between, just consider what happens when you next rest your party. Personally, I always use the interim to *try out* some seldom used NPC to see if maybe this is a candidate for the longer term.
    Son_of_Imoen
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806

Yea but when she comes back she will need a spot. And i think youd need to give it to her in order to continue her questline/romance.

That's what I'm planning to do, but I've read she only appears after a rest outside, so if I pick up Nalia and only rest inside the Keep until I've cleared it, I can keep Nalia long enough to finish De'Arnises Keep before I take Jaheira back, can I?
    edited June 2017

That's what I'm planning to do, but I've read she only appears after a rest outside, so if I pick up Nalia and only rest inside the Keep until I've cleared it, I can keep Nalia long enough to finish De'Arnises Keep before I take Jaheira back, can I?
    This is the code that makes Jaheira return, all else is rumour and guesses - nothing about outside only:

IF
    PartyRested() // obvious
    GlobalTimerExpired("JaheiraReturn","GLOBAL") // minimim seven in-game hours after she left
    Global("JaheiraReturns","GLOBAL",0) // she has not returned yet
    THEN
    RESPONSE #100
    SetGlobal("JaheiraReturns","GLOBAL",1) //prevents that the event loops a second time
    MoveGlobalObject("Jaheira",Player1) // Jaheira appears next to the protagonist
    END

For her only appearing only outside the IF block above would need an additional condition, i.e.

IF
    PartyRested()
    GlobalTimerExpired("JaheiraReturn","GLOBAL")
    Global("JaheiraReturns","GLOBAL",0)
    AreaType(OUTDOOR)
    THEN...
    Son_of_ImoenleeuxGrond0
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    @PaulaMigrate , you were right, Jaheira returned at the first rest, even though it was inside in an inn. I thought not, as she didn't talk to me, but when I went back to an earlier save to check what happened, I found out she was standing beside the counter in the inn, but the dialogue only triggered by clicking her, so I hadn't noticed her standing there at first..