Skip to content

SOD Imoen Question

Will stuff equipped on Imoen make it to her chest? Because I need her equipment for the final battle against Sarevok, but I want to be able to give any compatiable equipment to Safana.

Comments

• PaulaMigratePaulaMigrate Member Posts: 1,201
    Is this vanilla or modded game?
  • ZaramMaldovarZaramMaldovar Member Posts: 2,309
    edited June 2017
    @PaulaMigrate Modded in the SOD folder, although none of the mods affect SOD
  • islandkingislandking Member Posts: 426
    I don't think so, but you can always leave the equipment on the ground before the killing blow, the items on ground will be teleported to the family tomb.
    ThacoBellJuliusBorisov
  • KilivitzKilivitz Member Posts: 1,459
    Imoen's full inventory (including equipped items) will be stored on her bedroom's chest at the Ducal Palace.

Having her using the equipment AND giving it to Safana in the first dungeon involves a mini-stunt: once you best Sarevok, the game makes a Final-Save that can be loaded and will automatically kick off the SoD campaign.

If you load that save, there's a half-second window or so during which you can pause the game and drop Imoen's inventory, making it appear at your party's feet at SoD's intro dungeon.

It's pretty much like the old BG2 exploit that let you drop (and thus keep) your BG1 items if you could pause the game quickly enough before the first cutscene.

Also: before you leave the initial dungeon, in case there are any NPCs who aren't joinable in SoD, make sure to strip them naked. The stuff on their backpack slots will be transfered to your chest at the Palace, but anything they're actually wearing or wielding will be gone forever.
    ThacoBellJuliusBorisov
  • lefreutlefreut Member Posts: 1,462
    edited November 2019
    Post edited by lefreut on
    ThacoBellKilivitzJuliusBorisov
  • KilivitzKilivitz Member Posts: 1,459
    lefreut said:

Kilivitz said:

If you load that save, there's a half-second window or so during which you can pause the game and drop Imoen's inventory, making it appear at your party's feet at SoD's intro dungeon.

It's pretty much like the old BG2 exploit that let you drop (and thus keep) your BG1 items if you could pause the game quickly enough before the first cutscene.

Didn't they 'fix' this exploit in BG2EE ? If so, it's funny that they introduce the same kind of exploit in SoD :p
    They did fix it in the EE and yeah, it is pretty amusing.
  • HarpagornisHarpagornis Member Posts: 1,658
    There is another Imoen exploit during the Ducal Palace Ambush. Once she drops to the ground all you need to do is to cast some AoE damage spells that will hit here (as she is not targetable otherwise). Once she "dies" you can grab the astonishing amount of 80 Oil of Speed Potions (and a bit more)! With other words: Haste all day long! ;)
    JuliusBorisovislandking
  • islandkingislandking Member Posts: 426

There is another Imoen exploit during the Ducal Palace Ambush. Once she drops to the ground all you need to do is to cast some AoE damage spells that will hit here (as she is not targetable otherwise). Once she "dies" you can grab the astonishing amount of 80 Oil of Speed Potions (and a bit more)! With other words: Haste all day long! ;)

Good finding, now I wonder if you "take" the 80 oil of speed, what will Imoen in Chap 13 carry, before, it always amuse me that she's able to carry that many and still be able to catch up with you.
  • batoorbatoor Member Posts: 676

I remember pickpocketing those, but I don't know why they gave her 80 potions though^^