Skip to content

Fake BG Movie Trailer a.k.a. I Did a Thing

SvarSvar Member Posts: 157
edited December 2015 in Fan Creations
I patched together a fake movie trailer for the Baldur's Gate saga.

I hope you all enjoy it. Feel free to let me know what you think.
Post edited by Svar on
GallowglassButtercheesebrusNonnahswriterJuliusBorisovRodriangorgonzolalolienEadwyn_G8keeperZaghoulMirandelRavenslights0ulafeinPapa_Lou

Comments

• GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    Brilliant, @Svar!
    Svar
  • ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    Very cool! Sadly, it's hard to tell which of characters is which and the song doesn't fit too well imo but I am glad that I watched it :D Thanks for making this :)
  • brusbrus Member Posts: 944
    Which song is this?
  • NonnahswriterNonnahswriter Member Posts: 2,520
    edited December 2015
    I love that you picked some footage to showcase Vin Diesel because OMG HE NEEDS TO BE SAREVOK!

I think the redhead shooting at the wolf is supposed to be Imoen.

And our Vikings shieldmaiden would make a decent BG2 Jaheira, if I do say so myself. (Or is she our Bhaalspawn?)
    SvarJuliusBorisovRaduziel
  • brusbrus Member Posts: 944

I love that you picked some footage to showcase Vin Diesel because OMG HE NEEDS TO BE SAREVOK!

Or Valyghar
  • SvarSvar Member Posts: 157
    brus said:

Which song is this?

Everybody Wants to Rule the World by Lorde

I think the redhead shooting at the wolf is supposed to be Imoen.

And our Vikings shieldmaiden would make a decent BG2 Jaheira, if I do say so myself. (Or is she our Bhaalspawn?)

Lagertha is supposed to be Charname, but she doesn't have to be, since I deliberately made parts of the vid open to interpretation. Same deal with the woman with the bow; could be Imoen, could be someone else, if you want. The lady at the very beginning is who I intended to be Jaheira (and the guy after that is Khalid) as a reference to some great character picspam posts I saw on Tumblr.
    JuliusBorisovNonnahswriter
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    I think I saw Imoen, Sarevok, Jan and Jaheira there! ^^
    JuliusBorisov
  • LCrockettLCrockett Member Posts: 7
    The candle cut was particularly nice, and that was a perfect song for this. I hadn't hear Lorde's version. Just hearing it was a win. Thanks
    Svar
  • Eadwyn_G8keeperEadwyn_G8keeper Member Posts: 541
    Wonderful stuff!!
    JuliusBorisov
    @Eadwyn_G8keeper , thank you very much! I'm glad you think so.
    JuliusBorisov
  • WithinAmnesiaWithinAmnesia Member Posts: 958
    edited April 2016
    brus said:

Or Valyghar

I am thinking that Valygar's Portrait is based upon a Vin Diesel picture as its template; it is the lower part of the face and the eyes / brow line that strikes me the most minus the widened jaw. I don't know - t'was just a thought...
    Philhelm
  • PhilhelmPhilhelm Member Posts: 473
    @WithinAmnesia I agree. Other people have suggested that Valygar looks like LL Cool J, but I've always had a Vin Diesel vibe. Even the eye expression reminds me of Vin Diesel.
    WithinAmnesia
    Apparently there are some issues with the video on YouTube, so here is alternative posted directly on my blog if YouTube doesn't work.

http://svartalfhild.tumblr.com/post/161963780048/baldurs-gate-fan-trailer-i-made-this-a-long
  • darkmoon500darkmoon500 Member Posts: 25
    Svar said:

I patched together a fake movie trailer for the Baldur's Gate saga.

I hope you all enjoy it. Feel free to let me know what you think.

Good, except song should of been the orginal