Skip to content

PST:EE Patch 3.1.3 And What's Next for Beamdog

JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
Hello, cutters!

3.1.3 for PST:EE is out!

See the full list of patch fixes on our blog - http://blog.beamdog.com/2017/06/pstee-patch-313-and-whats-next-for.html.

You have been asking about what’s next and the answer is… lots!

Our team of translators have already started work on PST:EE in multiple languages including Czech, Ukrainian, Italian, and more! Because these are volunteer-driven projects, we do not currently have a release date for any new languages. The new Beamdog Localization Coordinator is currently assessing each of our translation projects on our other Enhanced Edition titles and as projects are completed, we’ll add them to upcoming patches.

Our fans on iOS will be pleased to hear that we’re aware of the notification you’ve all been seeing regarding 32-bit applications and can rest assured that we will have all of our Enhanced Edition games upgraded to 64-bit as part of our 2.4 patch series. The Beamdog team has already started on the 64 bit update for Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition and Baldur’s Gate II: Enhanced Edition, and plans to address the same issue on Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition afterwards. Expect to see more details on these iOS patches later this summer.

Once the 2.4 patch series has been completed, we will bring those improvements to desktop and Android versions of BG:EE, BGII:EE, and IWD:EE alongside more bug fixes and feature requests submitted by the community, including Steam achievements for Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition.

As we get further into development, fans who own Enhanced Edition games on Beamdog will be able to opt into available betas through the Beamdog Client. Beta availability will be announced on all of our social channels, so stay tuned!

We’ve got a few other projects in the works including Steam trading cards.

More details on the blog.
_Luke_rede9ronaldogugulug5000lolienkaguanaO_Bruce[Deleted User]kanisathaPibaromf2112spacejawsNonnahswriterjunk11Aerakar

Comments

• ActarusActarus Member Posts: 78
    Got it on GOG already
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Actarus said:

Got it on GOG already

If you don’t see the patch immediately, please be patient as the update should populate in your region soon.
  • ActarusActarus Member Posts: 78
    edited June 2017
    EDIT: It disappeared. I noticed I had trouble with IWDEE & BGIIEE also, but I played with GOG Overlay and Avast Game mode, now the task bar is removed.

I noticed an annoying bug on GOG with 3.1.3. When I start the game my Windows Task Bar stay upfront. It's the only game in my GOG library that behave like this

• lefreutlefreut Member Posts: 1,462

Once the 2.4 patch series has been completed, we will bring those improvements to desktop and Android versions of BG:EE, BGII:EE, and IWD:EE alongside more bug fixes and feature requests submitted by the community, including Steam achievements for Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition.

So 2.4 will only be an iOS update and we have to wait more to see any bug fixes / improvements for the others versions ?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Yes.
    edited June 2017

Yes.

That's really disappointing :/
    DoodlerooKamigoroshiAndreaColombo
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    We can haz 2.4? For realz?

:O
  • _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,535
    @lefreut I think that 2.4 will be a sort of 2.3.67.3 for iOS devices... After that, they'll release a major update (3.X probably) for ALL platforms (desktop + mobile) in order to fix the remaining bugs and bring other improvements......
  • themazingnessthemazingness Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 702
    lefreut said:

Yes.

Agreed. I really want IWD to be brought up to speed and some of the big bugs to be fixed that haven't been. But I definitely understand that Beamdog has only so many resources.
  • bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    he said all platforms will get a patch, i don't see what's the problem
    bob_veng said:

If the 3.X patch is release soon after 2.4 then it's fine. I fear that it will not be the case and that we will have to wait 6 months or 1 year after 2.4 to see any bug fixes.
  • themazingnessthemazingness Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 702
    edited June 2017
    lefreut said:

So 2.4 will only be an iOS update and we have to wait more to see any bug fixes / improvements for the others versions ?

lefreut said:

Yes.

Agreed. I really want IWD to be brought up to speed and some of the big bugs to be fixed that haven't been. But I definitely understand that Beamdog has only so many resources.
    bob_veng said:

The problem is IWD is stuck in 1.4.0 and that isn't happening until some ambiguous time after iOS gets updated, Mobile still doesn't have SoD, and there are big bugs in all the games that need to be fixed. And clearly, while all platforms will get the fixes, they are behind and it won't be all at once. I wouldn't take what I am saying as a complaint though. I just wish they were able to keep up :smile:.
  • GreenWarlockGreenWarlock Member Posts: 1,354
    Just to confirm I am not reading too much into this:

BG patches are not available through App Store as you want to go through that process once for macOS and iOS.

BG 2.4 patches will appear first for mobile devices, and later for mac/PC.

So the next window for a macOS update through the App Store is to hope for a simultaneous release if you decide to do a 2.5 patch after the IWD patches, but don't hold my breath?
  • rede9rede9 Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 1,947
    What about adding a shaman stronghold to BGII:EE?
    _Luke_Aerakar[Deleted User]
  • bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    lefreut said:

bob_veng said:

If the 3.X patch is release soon after 2.4 then it's fine. I fear that it will not be the case and that we will have to wait 6 months or 1 year after 2.4 to see any bug fixes.
    i'm not going to say that it's impossible that it will turn out that way, but that's not what he said so let's take the announcement in good faith.

BG patches are not available through App Store as you want to go through that process once for macOS and iOS.

So the next window for a macOS update through the App Store is to hope for a simultaneous release if you decide to do a 2.5 patch after the IWD patches, but don't hold my breath?

The 2.4 update will be for iOS only (iPhone, iPad).
    PibaroGreenWarlockrede9
    Which leaves open the question: has planned support to release a 2.x series patch for macOS through the Mac App Store now been abandoned? The last news we had was that it was held up waiting for the iOS patches, in order to minimize the App Store approval burden - but now it seems there is never a good release schedule for it?
    The Mac App store has not been abandoned. We just do not have anything to share at this time about patches beyond 2.4.
  • ParysParys Member Posts: 205

The 2.4 update will be for iOS only (iPhone, iPad).
    And what about 2.4 for PC versions. Will it be released short time after the publication of the iOS patches, right?
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    Seems I got excited prematurely, with patches being a long way off yet. I'll return to torpor.
    For each of the last 4 patches, we have heard "The Mac App Store has not been abandoned", but no patch, and no further news. We are now hearing that the 5th patch in that sequence is officially not coming our way, but don't worry, the Mac App Store has not been abandoned. At what point do we admit that the repeated mantra of "not now, and not next time, and no further news" is indistinguishable from an abandoned format? Is 3 years of skipping patches available through other app stores without further news enough? (That will be September 9th, and likely around the time of 2.4 hitting iOS - although I am clearly speculating how close to the iOS 11 release you want to push this.)

Some acknowledgement of actual concrete plans to ship an App Store update would be helpful to restore confidence at this point. It's not like the work for Mac patches has not been done (ships through other App stores) or that Apple have put onerous new requirements into the approval process (like mandatory 64-bit support on iOS), or that we are demanding an actual release (yet). Just news that real plans exist for a bona fide patch at some point in our future, with road map to getting there (i.e., after 2.4 hits iOS, and then 2.4 hits IWD, and then 2.5 brings the PC/Mac up to parity with a few more fixes, and then 2.5 adds Steam Achievements and more fixes to IWD on PC/Mac, and after another round of iOS/Android updates for parity at 2.5, and a similar bunch of PS:T:EE patches, THEN finally submitting an existing patch to Apple will become a priority?)
    AstroBryGuy
  • shrubshrub Member Posts: 8
    edited June 2017
    When the updates are eventually released for Android, will it be 64-bit only from then on, or will 32-bit Android devices still be supported?
    Post edited by shrub on
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    edited June 2017

It's not like the work for Mac patches has not been done (ships through other App stores) or that Apple have put onerous new requirements into the approval process (like mandatory 64-bit support on iOS)

...yet. That's coming in June 2018.

https://www.macrumors.com/2017/06/06/apple-to-phase-out-32-bit-mac-apps/

I'm amazed that 2.x BGEE and BG2EE aren't available in the Mac App Store yet. Are there issues with the current 2.3 versions that prevent approval?

EDIT: Hmmmm, command-line tools and Activity Monitor report BGEE 2.3.67.3 is already a 64-bit app. Nevermind about the phase-out then.
    @AstroBryGuy thinks for the 32-bit macOS phaseout link - I had been expecting it, but had missed the story finally hitting.
    AstroBryGuy
  • LaucianNailorLaucianNailor Member Posts: 22
    edited June 2017

The Mac App store has not been abandoned. We just do not have anything to share at this time about patches beyond 2.4.

I've said this before, why won't you simply 'exchange' our Mac Appstore versions for a Beamdog client version simply adding the product to our accounts, so those of us who bought your product through the Mac App store can always get the latest release. It's not as if Apple are preventing you pushing the already updated Mac version to their store! As for no comment about beyond 2.4....I just want to move beyond 1.3 :(

YOU are discriminating against those of us who chose to GIVE YOU MONEY through a specific distribution channel that YOU actually chose to use to extend your ability to sell units. You should accept the consequences of your distribution choices as we are a damaged party, at your hands, in this respect.
    [Deleted User]
  • PokotaPokota Member Posts: 858
    It's nothing to do with whether or not they want to.

They simply can't.
    @LaucianNailor the problems for Mac App Store, sadly, cannot be as easily solved as you suggest. To release the patch to us, they must first run the gauntlet of the App Store approval process, and satisfy the latest set of rules, not the rules in effect when the App was first submitted. We don't know if this is expected to be troublesome or not though, as BeamDog have opted to not submit the patches in the first place - preferring to handle all App Store approval work in one sprint, along side the iOS version. Those plans changed when 2.4 became a mobile exclusive.

As for giving us all access to the BeamDog version? BeamDog simply have no way to verify that you are an App Store customer, and it is not in Apple's interest to share that information. There is simply nothing that BeamDog can do on this front - and that assumes that those of us who bought through the App Store want additional app stores running on our Macs. I deliberately chose the MAS distribution in the first place, knowing that patches would be delayed by the approval process, for the security of having only one online store to interact with.
    Pokota
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited June 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • rede9rede9 Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 1,947
    edited July 2017
    Will BG 64-bit available even on Windows?
    Post edited by rede9 on