Skip to content

Baldur's Gate Logic

Comments

• ZaramMaldovarZaramMaldovar Member Posts: 2,309
    @Kamigoroshi
    I always assumed that Dopplegangers, like most creatures have a natural armor class. Obviously by the time you get to Chapter 5 though, you're going to shred right through that armor class.
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Having natural armor doesn't make it any less illogical for them to fight butt naked though. At least grant those poor non-simian fellas some pants! Or even better: actual equipment to fight with!
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    That reminds me, do dragons actually have the same or better ac than the armor made from their scales?
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,316
    edited July 2017

Viconia talks to Diatha, Diatha still says "Fool, I am Drow. You are naught but ibilith, filth"

You can't explain that.

Nothing wrong with that. Iblith just means offal or excrement and could just as reasonably be used to insult Viconia as the PC :).
    @Grond0
    Yes, but you can't single yourself out for being a Drow when the person you are talking to is also a Drow.
    edited July 2017
    @Zaghoul
    Silly Zaghoul, that's not NEARLY as much as gold as I normally have :P

Hey Thunderhammer, do you take cash or credit?
    Someone needs to make a mod where above a certain richness you lose some gold whenever you walk. The more you have the more you lose.
    @lroumen
    I can't say I agree. I enjoy having a game breaking amount of gold. Turning the difficulty up high enough already makes things hard enough for me, I don't need Tactics mods.

In any case here's more logic, more of an amusing anecdote than anything else really.

Irenicus: I-I do not remember your love, Ellisime. I have tried, I've tried to recreate it to spark it anew in my memory but it is gone...a hollow dead thing. For years I-

Zaram casts Time Stop

Zaram casts Delayed Blast Fireball
    Zaram casts Delayed Blast Fireball
    Zaram casts Time Stop
    Zaram Casts Abi-Dalzim's Horrid Wilting

Irenicus: Clung to the memor-AHHHH!

Irenicus: Death

Zaram: There you go, problem solved.....uhh..why don't I have my soul back?

Party gets dragged down to the Abyss

Imoen: Uhh...we're are we?

Minsc: I don't think we are in the elf city anymore, Boo

Neera: Zaram...what did you do?

Dorn: If you don't explain now, I am going to murde-son of a.....

I wish I could draw some of this stuff, but I have poor drawing skills :(

Maybe one day.
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985

And for everything else, there's Mastercard.

Because it gives gold back for every purchase with high charisma, I prefer Amnian Express. I never leave a hoard without it.

@ZaramMaldovar that is why I suggest a mod. You don't have to play it, you can leave that up to me :)
    @Montresor_SP
    It can be assumed you eat and drink when you rest.

The Riggilo thing is hillarious, though I personally never go up Durlag's Tower, only down.
    edited July 2017
    @Arcanis
    1. Wise and Smart are not the same thing. It may have slipped his mind.
    Example:
    Zaram has a Int of 18 and a Wisdom of 8. He has a lot of knowledge, but tends to run headlong into danger without thinking.

Ulraunt could very be the same. He may have a lot of knowledge (INT) but not the insight (WIS) to look into CHARNAME'S intentions.

2. Ulraunt is said in the game through dreams and other dialogue to have a predetermined dislike of Gorion and CHARNAME. So he might decide not to bother.

At the very least however, Tethtoril should have done that, so your logic stands.
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    @ZaramMaldovar I could draw it but you'd need somebody else to do the digital coloring.
    @DJKajuru
    Awesome, I'll have to find my desc. I'll have to keep the colors in it of course, just to give you a reference point.
  • tokarev748tokarev748 Member Posts: 27
    Goods perish along with shopkeeper's death.