Skip to content

Charm person

StradlinStradlin Member Posts: 142
Is it possible to initiate conversations with charmed enemies? I recall this being a thing in vanilla BG, leading to " hidden" dialogues, journal enties and whatnot. IIRC Tutu and BG2 engine had some difficulties with this.
Can this be done in BG:EE?

Comments

• PaulaMigratePaulaMigrate Member Posts: 1,201
    edited June 2017
    You can unveal hidden dialogues when charming some non-hostile NPCs. This was never applicable to enemies. Most have no dialogues at all and those who have are normally blue and talk to you before they get hostile.
  • StradlinStradlin Member Posts: 142
    Are you sure of this? I swear, I used to charm and speak with couple of assassins send to kill the PC in vanilla BG
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,525
    IIRC most assassins sent to kill CHARNAME start out with a cyan circle and initiate conversation before they turn hostile. I would imagine you could charm them as they approach, still cyan-circled, to talk. If memory serves, Neira says something apologetic about now loving the person she must kill if you charm her.
  • VallmyrVallmyr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,459
    edited July 2017
    If you charm Nimbul during the fight in BG1 and talk to him he says the following:

"Now isn't this strange, you are now my friend! This is quite the predicament. I've been hired to kill you, yet now I love you. What am I to do? I know, I know! I will tell you want you want to hear, and then I shall kill you. Does this satisfy you? No matter, let me begin: Once there were three pigs who had built a house of iron. This house had brought them fortune and comfort, but it was now threatened by the big bad wolf! So the three pigs hired out a small man named Nimbul. "Nimbul," they said "You must kill this wolf for us. If you do this, you will be given much gold to line your pockets." So Nimbul set out to kill the wolf, but then something happened that he never expected: Nimbul fell in love with the wolf! So now, to Nimbul's sorrow, he must carry out this order and end the wolf's life. Goodbye!"
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,525
    Ah, there it is! I thought it was Neira, but it is Nimbul :)
  • WarChiefZekeWarChiefZeke Member Posts: 2,651
    Nimbul, Mulahey, The Iron Throne Council, The Archdruid...practically everyone of import in BG1 can be charmed into revealing more.